yes, that was the site.
I feel the need to say, I really like Rousseau when he says stuff like in that quote I posted... and I like him less when I write a paper about him where I end up saying that he would have liked the Fugitive Slave Law. He didn't like slavery, but was really into the idea that the Majority has to be obeyed, and that if you find yourself in the minority in a popular vote on a law, you have to realize that you are wrong. There is so much I like in here, and so much that I really really dislike.
All of these political theory guys, though, say that a vote is best for deciding things-- once the population is properly educated, so that they always make the right decision. Rousseau, though, also goes on a weird thing about how the majority is always right anyway, but sometimes later if they change their minds then they were wrong, but right at the time... and you have to teach them to see things in the right way, but they're right even if they don't see them in the right way, so you still have to obey the will of the majority... and then he says that if you force someone to conform to the laws of society, you are really only "forcing them to be free." Because if people only followed the laws they liked, we would go back to being exploited by the powerful? I have read this section a dozen times, and I still do not think that it makes sense. We talked about it in class, and I thought I understood it then, but...