Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: December 11 2007 - Beats me why most dudes suck. Sure as hell ain't my scene.  (Read 8155 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

A friend who is so rich that you can mooch off of him without him caring or my feeling guilty...

I could live with that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

Quote
I'm glad to see you are getting plenty to eat Dan.  I don't know how in damn hell you managed to put three eggs on a single croissant, but I am happy for you.

They were all just stacked on there. Delicious. I realize that it was a completely random post, but... yesterday, once I had finished my exam, all I could think about for the rest of the day was how good that sandwich had been. By 3 AM or so, it was a frenzy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

Eh... I dunno. I feel like this was phoned in. There was something there, something Super-Secret-Ice-Cream-Parlory, something profound and creepy. And I guess Onstad just didn't feel like doing it, so he wraps it up and doesn't even tell us how. Ray took care of it? By paying attention?

This was a perfectly decent arc that didn't involve Ray and/or Roast Beef at all - a rarity if there was one. So who better to get in there and wreck it?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

Have we considered the possibility that Ray is the other subscriber to potty mail? Is that, perhaps, how he's been paying attention?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

I keep wondering whether or not I would like to have a friend with Ray's personality.

I would, personally. He'd be irritating, but if you had a problem, he would take care of it....essentially making his troublemaking in your life the only problem. Which, he's fun, so I can deal.

Also, I loved this strip.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Have we considered the possibility that Ray is the other subscriber to potty mail? Is that, perhaps, how he's been paying attention?

Well yeah but only in as much as he heard Phillipe was starting a business and wanted to support him. For that matter he knew about the potty mail due to Paying Attention.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog

Ray would be an awesome friend to think of crazy schemes with. Plus he has the funds to actually carry out said crazy schemes. And the dude knows about Paying Attention.

Note to self: Do not be friends with Ray. You think ramping cars into the ocean is an awesome idea.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE

Ray seems awfully tense for someone who just had a completely trashy orgasm.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile

Well yeah but only in as much as he heard Phillipe was starting a business and wanted to support him. For that matter he knew about the potty mail due to Paying Attention.
See, I figured all that bluster about paying attention was just to cover up that he was subscribed to potty mail for pleasure reading.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

See, I figured all that bluster about paying attention was just to cover up that he was subscribed to potty mail for pleasure reading.

This is an acceptable and intriguing alternate reading to my mind.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

so good. so good. This makes me happier than if I were eating the sandwich I want right now (3 eggs over-medium, cheese, bacon, on a croissant. I had this for breakfast at 7:30 this morning, and it changed my life.)

I got one of those McGriddles sandwiches this morning, where it's like a sausage egg and cheese biscuit except instead of a biscuit it's two maple-flavored pancake-like thingies.

It was good and disgusting at the same time.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile

Dude, the McGriddle is SO nasty. It <might> be OK except that the pancakes are so syrupy-flavored and sweet that the balance is way off. It may be the only McDonalds food item I ever actually put down and would not eat.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I can see it. I see you, putting it down. "Dawg... what's wrong?"
*dawg shakes his head, a firm no*
"You don't like it? come on, man, just eat it!"
*mouth closed firmly, again, a shake of the head*

There is only so much a man can take.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

A single tear down the cheek, spashing against his fries.

From deep within a tube slide in the playground a child cries.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up