Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do with your extra hour?  (Read 3777 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What did you do with your extra hour?
« on: October 27, 2003, 07:50:11 am »

This really only applies to those in the U.S. who don't live in Arizona, Indiana, or Hawaii, but we reverted from Daylight Savings to Standard Time here this morning at 2AM.  Then we had a SECOND 2AM an hour later.

It's trippy.

Anyway, I spent mine watching the last hour of "Rashomon."

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 10:45:23 am »

I, needless to say, forgot it was happening, woke up at 10.30 am, got up, wandered around for the day being very confused, then realised at 11.30 at night that it was really only 10.30 and that those bastard farmers had confused me again.
Especially the fact that it now gets dark here at about 4.30. I wish they'd stop fuck*ng with time!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 11:46:16 am »

I got an extra half-hour of drinkin' followed by an extra half-hour of reading Snow Crash.

Though the early sunset is obnoxious, at least it's light out when I drive to work now. The drive home, on the other hand...
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 12:20:33 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
I got an extra half-hour of drinkin' followed by an extra half-hour of reading Snow Crash.

Though the early sunset is obnoxious, at least it's light out when I drive to work now. The drive home, on the other hand...


Bets way to read Snow Crash - not on a ferry in force 6 gales in the middle of the night! And it was the bit that you really wouldn't want to read in those conditions too.
Bleahrg!
Oh, and I was in a very odd state of mind, since I had eaten a half ounce of Dutch grass before getting on the ferry as well (well i didn't want to try and bring it back into the country since I had some at home anyway).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 02:24:16 pm »

Am I the only one who spent it sleeping?

In my defense I worked 6.30 am-almost 9 pm on Saturday and had to get to work at 6.30 on Sunday again.  But now I feel like, wow, a whole extra hour of life and I spent it unconcious...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 04:18:07 pm »

I burned the extra hour on the Internet. Good old Internet.

I probably should have gone out and done something, but come on, 1 AM? That's just Internet time.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 04:56:42 pm »

I spent it sleeping to make up for the hour of sleep I lost last spring.  

Funny how that works out.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 09:16:35 pm »

I also slept. I got home after midnight and had 2 movies to watch the next day starting at 10am and the trip home in front of me. Plus two days of running around behind me.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 09:43:35 pm »

I was too confused to figure out whether I'd lost or gained time to do anything with it.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What did you do with your extra hour?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 12:59:14 am »

I didn't get one, but now I get an extra hour of reasonable phone time to the mainland, which is nice.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up