I just woke up from an excruciating dream. I dreamt that I was at Whole Foods or something, having a retardedly expensive sandwich and grelicious pickle spears. In the dream, I ate three pickles, and then I woke up. I wanted to cry with rage when I realized that I could not just get up and drive over there. Hell, I can't even go to the damn grocery store and buy some pickles. BLAST!
Also, LFM, mushrooms are delicious. Here is a recipe that Kelli taught me. You will probably hate it.
1 carton of mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
1 yellow or sweet onion, diced
1 cup of red wine
2 teaspoons "Better Than Boullion" paste from the jar, or a bullion cube.
Olive oil and butter
Heat a medium skillet over high-medium heat. While the skillet heats, dissolve the bullion into the red wine and set aside. Once the skillet heats up, add about a tablespoon of olive oil and a pat of butter. Add the diced onions and saute until they are softened and beginning to caramelize (darken). Add the mushrooms and saute until softened. Stir in the wine/boullion mixture to deglaze the pan and leave on high-medium to help the sauce reduce, stirring frequently. This should take about 5 minutes, longer if you have used more ingredients. Once the sauce looks like it's thickening nicely, reduce to low heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes.
This is an amazing topping for marinated, grilled steak and mashed potatoes. God, it is so delicious. Just make sure you don't use too much bullion (i.e., I used a heaping tablespoon and it was far too much), or else it gets extremely salty.