Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename A-CAP  (Read 12261 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Rename A-CAP
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:14:54 pm »

Since our friend A-CAP is no longer at A-CAP, it's time to nominate him for a new name.

Here's his profile. It doesn't tell us much, but via net-stalking you can likely learn more if you like.  I think we already know enough about him as is.

I'm going to go simple and suggest the simplicity of going with his avatar and calling him Capitalist Piggy Bank, but please offer up any better suggestions.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:34:51 pm »

Call him John Galt.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:35:05 pm »

I vote we just go with "arachnocapitalist."  It's what we call him anyway. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:39:10 pm »

I'm trying to think of something to do with the similarity of letters in "Ayn" and "A-CAP," but I got nothin'.  "Uyn"?

What were the guinea pigs' names?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:07:11 pm »

My cavies names are Howie (for Howard Roark) and Atlas (for Atlas Shrugged). Please steer away from A-CAP related names, otherwise im happy to be renamed at the will of the community.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:12:10 pm »

I've always liked Yon Yonsin.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:15:33 pm »

Quote
im happy to be renamed at the will of the community.

I think we need to take this opportunity to teach arachnocapitalist. This is not a sentiment I would usually expect from him.


I looked at his facebook profile, but there is nothing on there which suggests any name to me.
Except, confidential to arachnocapitalist-- your girlfriend's last name is adorable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:20:10 pm »

Capitalist pig, guinea pig... there's got to be something there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:30:47 pm »

TheInvisibleHand...although that's probably too close too Inev.

$TheAlmighty$

MarketForcesAreRad

AiA-CAP...even though I know A-CAP derivatives are out.

Cerveza de pollo
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 09:31:50 pm »

have I told you guys that now, everytime anyone uses the word Inevitable, I turn as if spoken to?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:37 pm »

have I told you guys that now, everytime anyone uses the word Inevitable, I turn as if spoken to?

That is awesome.  Extremely so. 

I think you should get a little can for that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 10:39:22 pm »

have I told you guys that now, everytime anyone uses the word Inevitable, I turn as if spoken to?

That's awesome. I'd do the same, but "Golfhaus" doesn't come up much in conversation.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:04 pm »

Capitalist Cavy, maybe?

Suggestion I have to make: I<3LFM4EVA
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 11:47:32 pm »

arachnocapitalist-- your girlfriend's last name is adorable.
I know, and her mother is a Reverend. Reverend Ru*fle. I call her Rev Ruff.

[edited to hide from google searches.]
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 11:57:23 pm »

oh, goddamn. I read it as Ruf*les. The S would intensify, maybe.

But also, those chips. not as great.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up