Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 3745 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:40:48 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 12:17:48 am »

I like the antlers on your van.  I think I may be inspired...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:41:14 am »

DAAAAMN! Paul, that is hell of awesome. That made my day.

Thank you.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 03:09:21 am »

Whoa. That is the holiday spirit, all right.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 03:15:59 am »

Vantlers!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 04:05:27 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 05:01:11 am »

Holy shit Paul that is crazy awesome. Your pose in that first pic reminds me of a neon-santa ninja. Hell of awesome.
Way to spread the cheer there dude.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:18:54 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 02:08:33 pm »

Awe - something about that pic makes me want to give you a hug.  Since I can't, here's a can.  You're awfully cute with all the cheer and such.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 05:50:39 pm »

canned for large quantities of pure holiday awesome
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 12:16:05 am »

If I saw something like that on the road... well, that is a vehicle I would keep my distance from.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 01:08:16 am »

If I saw something like that on the road... well, that is a vehicle I would keep my distance from.

Still, you'd say the same of Santa's sleigh, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 10:53:10 am »

Can I call shotgun? Even though I probably won't get to ride in the vantler?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 11:28:08 am »

Still, you'd say the same of Santa's sleigh, right?

A sleigh on the highway is magical.  A van with antlers is most likely Buffalo Bill.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 11:35:03 am »

I like the other picture in the set of the sign that says "Joseph of Nazareth - Jesus's Stepfather"
All conjuring images of an adolescent Jesus yelling at his step-dad in the carpenter workshop, "YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, YOURE NOT MY DAD! MY REAL DAD COULD KICK YOUR ASS!....I HAVE MAGIC POWERS!"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 11:46:10 am »

good lord. I had never thought about that issue, the poor guy.

"You don't love me as much as my real dad!"
Little did he know, his real Father had sent him to earth to die for the sins of mankind.

On a serious note-- I have heard it said that God sent Jesus to Earth to die for our sins, and that Jesus is told this before his crucifixion (maybe I'm imagining this part? an angel comes down and tells him, or he has a vision?). However, he also later says "forgive them Father, they know not what they do," right? So is it understood as Jesus deciding to die for mankind, as he loved us so much, or as God sending us his son to die for us, as he loved us so much, or a combination? It was Jesus' destiny but he chose not to reject it? Forgive me if I have not phrased this in the right way, I am not trying to mock, I am actually curious. I need to read The Bible, it is ridiculous that I have not.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up