Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007  (Read 5089 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 06:25:31 pm »

Why don't you two just fuck and get it over with?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 06:57:37 pm »

Post photos! 

Especially if you both wear bowties! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 07:08:35 pm »

Taking arachnocapitalist's implied point seriously: the intention is not that it's women dressed as boys, it's that it's women dressed as men -- specifically, men in positions of power and authority. The mild power-/gender-play can be a big turnon.

Also, speaking as a woman who enjoys wearing masculine-style formalwear: it just looks hot. You don't have to go any deeper than that.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »

Why don't you two just fuck and get it over with?
QFT.

Post photos! 

Especially if you both wear bowties! 
Hell yeah!

Taking arachnocapitalist's implied point seriously: the intention is not that it's women dressed as boys, it's that it's women dressed as men -- specifically, men in positions of power and authority. The mild power-/gender-play can be a big turnon.

Also, speaking as a woman who enjoys wearing masculine-style formalwear: it just looks hot. You don't have to go any deeper than that.
Well-stated.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 09:17:02 pm »

Pfft, Ennewhy might be flirtin' my way but a dude ain't flirtin' back.

There's something interesting about transgressing boundries, I suppose, is all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 10:43:53 pm »

Ray's idea for flash-fried (misspelled: flash-tried) cheesecake sounds familiar.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 11:13:20 pm »

Pfft, Ennewhy might be flirtin' my way but a dude ain't flirtin' back.

There's something interesting about transgressing boundries, I suppose, is all.

Yeah, I know I love to see a straight man in drag. 

Except -- NO!  I don't. 

So what's with guys being kinky that way? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:02 pm »

I don't think it's a woman thing, though, Jayelle, I think it's a you thing.

I know a lot of ladies who have professed getting turned on by a guy in ladies clothes, if he's a certain kind of lean feminine kinda dude.

It wouldn't be my thing, I have no interest in it but... happily, I ain't of the sorta build that girls generally dig seeing in ladies clothes... so I don't have to deal with it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 12:19:18 am »

I think it's less a trans-gendered thing and more the percieved position of power thing. We dudes like powerful women, we all basically want to be someone's bitch.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 01:41:28 am »

I think it's less a trans-gendered thing and more the percieved position of power thing. We dudes like powerful women, we all basically want to be someone's bitch.

Powerful = masculine? 

I mean, I understand the power thing, but it seems like a woman can be powerful (and sexy!) in a leather bustier and five-inch heels just as well as in a man's dress shirt and top hat. 

I was going to say more, but...it's really not appropriate for public consumption. 

If only there were some sort of private forum where we could discuss this kind of thing.  Someplace only for trusted members who have been around for a while, long enough to, oh, I don't know, reach 1000 posts.  Some kind of private TOUAMB Xanadu, complete with girls peeling grapes and rivers of champagne.

Alas.  Alack. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 02:34:07 am »

Not so much powerful = masculine more suit or professional = powerful.
I'd agree with the bustier and heels thing too, I was more putting it forward as why a women in a suit looks sexy but a dude in a frock just creates cognitive dissonance, because the frock does not imply power, the suit does.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 03:36:42 am »

hm.

I like it when women wear like a dress, or ##### and a shirt, or maybe a skirt. Ideally, the woman would then take these articles of clothing off, or else allow me to take them off of her.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 04:03:52 am »

Inev once again cuts to the heart of the matter. We really care a lot less than you about what you're wearing ladies so long as we get to see you not wearing it once in a while.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 03:16:14 pm »

I've had flickers of this, but it's always been for my lady to wear MY shirt, not just "a man's" shirt.  And I have a hard time believing that this turn-on goes for women dressed ALL THE WAY like a man: "Ooh baby, Gold Toe Fluffies and wingtip oxfords are a great compliment to that alligator belt!  And those pleated trousers are making me blush!  Ooh la LA! etc."  For me, it's the shirt and nothing but the shirt.

In high school, it was normal for a lady to wear her man's varsity jacket.  Maybe a grown-up lady wearing her man's dress shirt, slightly wrinkled from a long day of sitting at a desk, is the next logical step.  It's the modern-day way to show you're taken by an Achiever.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 03:39:34 pm »

I frequently like ladies in men's clothing, but I don't think it's a powerful-women thing. I just think that men's clothing (particularly men's formal clothing) is designed to flatter in certain ways that women's clothing rarely is and which suits some women very well. For women with a slightly more androgynous attractiveness, the lines of a men's suit may accentuate their strong points more than the lines of most women's clothing, which is generally designed to accentuate a strongly feminine person's strong points. People are more attractive with clothes that work with their strengths than with clothes that try to cover their perceived weaknesses.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up