Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors  (Read 9880 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:47:42 pm »

After trying out the Jones Soda Thanksgiving flavors in 2005, I swore off their demonic themed beverages forever. Until now. I noticed a few bottles of candy cane flavored Jones Soda my aunt must have picked up in the fridge a moment ago and decided to try one. Bad idea! You'd think peppermint candy cane soda wouldn't be so bad. Nope! It really and truly is.

Still, I appreciate what they do. Quirky flavors, random fan-submitted pictures on the label, all that. Plus, like me, they're from Seattle. Extra cool. But boy can they trick a dude into drinking some nasty flavors.

I understand this year's Christmas pack includes Christmas Ham and Christmas Tree(!) flavors. Anyone tried those yet? Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:07:51 pm »

I know what you're talking about.

However, I haven't the stomach... literally or figuratively... to try those abominatasodas.

I dunno, maybe Christmas Tree could be good, though? Just like a piney-minty flavour?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:59:57 pm »

Ham flavoured soda? What the FUCK? That is super disgusting.

Jesus H. Christ on a candycane. I can't even handle drinking gin because it tastes like blowing a Christmas tree, and yet people want to make Tannenbaum flavoured soda? I do not get it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:11:23 pm »

I will continue to drink Jones Soda in regular flavors, but I refuse to drink anything that tastes like drinking the water from the Christmas-tree stand.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 10:25:49 pm »

I'm with ya on that one, L-Money.

Gin is the vilest of all the spirits.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 10:56:37 pm »

I'm with ya on that one, L-Money.

Gin is the vilest of all the spirits.

Hell yes, LFM. Gin is another reason why Kelli thinks we must not be 100% identical. She loves it, I hate it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:34:06 pm »

oh my god, Gin is lovely. Gin and Tonic is so good, oh my gosh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 12:34:04 am »

I can handle neither gin nor most Jones Soda flavors, regular or extra-weird. I WANT to like Jones Soda, though.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 02:13:25 am »

I am pro gin, pro jones, anti holiday flavors.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 02:19:37 am »

The Green Apple tastes disturbingly good. I wish I could find the cherry without fake sugar. CUNT-Lime is good.

The local news radio station tried the holiday flavors this year. The only one I heard that wasn't horrifying was chocolate coins. Which I associate with beaches and boardwalks way, way more than holidays.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 03:03:23 am »

The only one I heard that wasn't horrifying was chocolate coins. Which I associate with beaches and boardwalks way, way more than holidays.

Chocolate coins on the beach?  What beach is this?  Chocolate coins are for Hanukkah, although I suppose there's no law against celebrating Hanukkah at the beach... but surely that's not when you usually go?

I thought salt water taffy was the traditional candy to eat at the beach. No, let me rephrase that - the traditional candy to buy at the beach and bring home and no one eats it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 03:13:09 am »

Yeah, I'll admit that I was a little confused by that, too.

I've never had a chocolate coin at a beach or boardwalk, either, they were always a holiday candy that was both Christian-and-Jew-friendly... kinda non-denominational in basic form and if they had a Santa stamped into them they were for Christmas and if they had Hebrew letters on them then they were for Chakakhan.

Fried dough and Slush Puppies remind me of beaches and boardwalks, personally.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:33:14 am »

They always had chocolate coins as a whole pirate booty/nautical kind of theme at crappy boardwalk souvenir shops. They usually came in a little yellow net baggy but sometimes they would be in like a cardboard treasure chest. Usually with a net bag inside of it.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 03:53:16 am »

I started a thread years ago about these holiday Jones sodas many years ago, though I can't find it now...

I bought some Jones for the holidays, but the Vanilla Cola flavours only.

I love Gin.  It is the drink of choice of the United Council of Melanie's.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Soda Holiday Flavors
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 04:36:54 am »

Yeah, I'll admit that I was a little confused by that, too.

I've never had a chocolate coin at a beach or boardwalk, either, they were always a holiday candy that was both Christian-and-Jew-friendly... kinda non-denominational in basic form and if they had a Santa stamped into them they were for Christmas and if they had Hebrew letters on them then they were for Chakakhan.

Fried dough and Slush Puppies remind me of beaches and boardwalks, personally.

I had to point that out because it's the first time I've laughed at an LFM post in awhile. That's funny!

Also gin = yucky. But I love Vodka.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up