Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?  (Read 13803 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 07:59:44 am »

Only 15 here. Being short and fat with no martial-arts training really seems to have hurt me.

I should totally get extra credit for being the daughter of a special-ed teacher and thus inheriting a terrifying genetic legacy of child-herding.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 08:59:32 am »

18, a bit on the low side I feel. I put down that I'd only fight hard enough to win but I have a feeling in reality I would not draw the line so quickly.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 11:54:26 am »

I mean, beating up 5 year olds? I feel like that is a reasonable thing to be against.
We'll see how you feel when you're being chased by a bloodthirsty horde of 5-year-olds.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 01:57:08 pm »

um. embarassing.
I got 10. Probably because I would feel uncomfortable fighting kids.

What exactly don't you feel uncomfortable doing?

Apparently you don't feel uncomfortable earning yourself a can, AW.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 03:28:56 pm »

I thought 9 wasn't bad till I read the rest of the thread and saw everyone else's scores. I mean, nine! Do you know what a five year old is like when it's riled up?

I think that since I am short I should have gotten extra credit for being able to reach them without bending over.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 05:07:52 pm »

I thought we were going to actually get to fight kids.  What a gyp off.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 05:37:55 pm »

Alright, I ran this two ways...

1) I bought into the premise and decided that if I was to do that I would do it right. To hell with moral niceties, I'ma winning.

The number: 37

2) I bought into the premise (we fighting!) but left my moral filter on. I'm not particularly hip to crush hordes of children, y'dig.

The number: 33

Guess I'll start worrying about my moral filter!

I tried to throw the vote, so to speak, and just choose the most appropriate answers (muscular, highly trained, no moral fiber whatsoever) to get the highest total possible. I wound up with 39, just 9 higher than my total when I took the quiz for real. That... tells you something. I just don't know what.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 06:44:46 pm »

I think the premise kind of implies that you aren't just doing this for fun. Like you're fighting for food or medicine or the remote to an unstoppable super-weapon. Perhaps the kids are soulless clones created by some kind of Evil Overlord. The survival of mankind depends on you punching a little boy in the throat, then picking him up and swinging him around by his feet like an airplane to bludgeon other children.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 07:04:10 pm »

I spent enough time playing Dead Rising to make me think I'd be really good at this. Like, way better than 30.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 07:49:36 pm »

I believe that, in my lifetime, they will make that movie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 08:41:20 pm »

Five gets you ten it will be made by the Japanese.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 09:55:22 pm »

CBS has made bold strides towards that end.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 11:39:51 pm »

I'm with you.  The whole thing smacks of child abuse and exploitation.  Doesn't matter if the parents said its OK, doesn't matter if they had a hundred child psychologists on hand.  Just ugh.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:36 pm »

If I was a kid, I would kill to be on Kidz Nation.  All those kids got mad money, and hella laid.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:46 pm »

from what I have heard, they make all the "tasks" so obvious that the show is a joke. The kids are not in any danger of failing, much less... being in danger. It is basically kids doing such as Summer Camp Trust Activities, is my understanding.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up