Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.  (Read 3198 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fritz.

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:45:23 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12192007

Kind of touching, really.

Also: how does a stuffed bear get a tattoo? It seems to me it would need only to be silkscreened, not sewn.

[ Fritz. ]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:13:40 pm by V-Adore »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:49:39 pm »

Oh. This is not funny. This is awful. Poor Bear.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:04:59 pm »

Oh my, we've never seen Cornelius so vulnerable... I thought nothing terrible could happen to him, that he would always just be there y'know.
I'm sorry... I need a moment.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:06:34 pm »

Teodor is way too happy about this. I can only hope it is a joke.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:16:15 pm »

Weird seeing Cornealius' spine... he's not a stuffed animal at all in this strip, is he.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 02:56:15 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 03:01:24 pm »

I was actually hoping that the title of this thread would be RATZ ZRAW. There, I said it.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 03:42:33 pm »

This is a fabulous strip.  I laughed, I cried...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 04:14:47 pm »

The sad thing is, I know a lot of people who whom that would be the proudest moment of their lives. Waking up and realizing that they finally had the balls to get that Star Wars tattoo and mentally high-fiving their drunk self for days afterwards.

Enjoying the Star Wars films is fine, of course, I quite like some of them.

But... yeah, my reaction would be the same as The Bear's.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 05:08:29 pm »

Oh good lord I have twice in my life nearly woken up with a tattoo.  Certain people - vagrants mostly - think it's totally fine and hilarious to give someone a stick-and-poke tattoo to a totally passed out person.  These tattoos are usually poorly written things like "cops suck," incorrectly drawn Black Flag or Crass logos or some retarded and misspelled inside joke.

Thankfully very good friends who weren't as sadly far gone as myself stopped the precedings.

Also: SoCo and lemonade, is that good?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 05:21:34 pm »

The sad thing is, I know a lot of people who whom that would be the proudest moment of their lives. Waking up and realizing that they finally had the balls to get that Star Wars tattoo and mentally high-fiving their drunk self for days afterwards.

Enjoying the Star Wars films is fine, of course, I quite like some of them.

But... yeah, my reaction would be the same as The Bear's.

What's the exact opposite of mentally high-fiving your drunken self? Because that's what I was doing the morning after my company's Holiday Party last week.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 05:47:25 pm »

I do happen to know someone who willingly had the Star Wars logo tattooed on their back.
Very willingly. But then he does collect replica swords and owns a Boba Fett bust, or helmet, or whatever in a display case.
 
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 06:15:13 pm »

I do happen to know someone who willingly had the Star Wars logo tattooed on their back.
Very willingly. But then he does collect replica swords and owns a Boba Fett bust, or helmet, or whatever in a display case.
 

Does he have any other geeky tattoos? Does he want to be in Wired?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 02:10:29 am »

Damn, I didn't think that such an Unfortunate Event would move a badly-hungover Connie to weeping like a small child whose dog just died.

I hope it's just a temporary for his sake.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: December 19, 2007. Thank god for small favors.
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 02:14:25 am »

Man, what if I did that. What if I woke up with a tattoo. I would probably get something pretty meaningless.

...or the K Records symbol. That is my fantasy tattoo, even though I do not listen to K Records bands that much. I just like the symbol. Also, an artist I admire had that tattoo, and I like that.
I will probably not get a tattoo though.

All I can think is, aren't they all scabbed over and shit the day after? Am I wrong about this?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up