Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mr. Opinion experiment.  (Read 4954 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 07:29:38 am »

WHY DO YOU KIDS INSIST ON DOING THE STUPIDEST SHIT!

I leave for one day and all of a sudden you're chatting up a storm about ball hair, pornography and Harry Potter. Come on! I just... I don't know what to do with you people.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 07:52:58 am »

one could argue that you could also have... an actual naked woman behind a book.

Having her behind a computer, maybe. Behind a text-file... well then you get into all kinds of weird things where "is being behind the screen the same as being behind the file," etc.

That sounds like a question for mr. opinion.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 09:16:51 pm »

WHY DO YOU KIDS INSIST ON DOING THE STUPIDEST SHIT!

I leave for one day and all of a sudden you're chatting up a storm about ball hair, pornography and Harry Potter. Come on! I just... I don't know what to do with you people.

Personally I think that a pat on our collective backs is in order
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 09:20:07 pm »

Hot nerdy girls and sick fucks.

That's what this place is full of, you knew that when you signed on.

Pleading ignorance now will only cause you to be pelted with more pornography.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 10:51:07 pm »

You gotta love an internet messageboard where a post suggesting that one consider the possibility, theoretically, that the internet is better than books in some context, is met with a flaming defense of books.  Sure, so the thread then turns to porn - it's still the internet, after all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 10:53:58 pm »

Alright, alright. I was just jokin'. I actually quite enjoyed sMet's rambling screed on private fuzz. I don't see how doing that as a silly side project and writing an epic novel are mutually exclusive.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 11:16:50 pm »

I don't see how doing that as a silly side project and writing an epic novel are mutually exclusive.

Well if we're gonna be serious - absolutely. Especially since you can't tell in advance which will be more successful...most books don't make money,and you never know, make yourself a website logo and start selling tshirts and next thing you know you might have a fulltime warehouse guy and a rogue messageboard about you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 12:50:22 am »

for the record, I like the internet and books for different things.

Erotica just isn't any good read on a flickering screen, I like naked ladies better when they move and make noise... each medium has its strengths.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 01:04:09 am »

for the record, I like the internet and books for different things.

Erotica just isn't any good read on a flickering screen, I like naked ladies better when they move and make noise... each medium has its strengths.

Seconded.  Not just porn, but music too.  Something like Locust St. could only exist on the intarwubs, and my life is better for it. 

Also: the rousing defense of books came about partly because of my recent writing experiences.  Leaving all commercial considerations aside, there are two types of people in the world*: People who have gone to the trouble of writing a book, and people who haven't.  I have a lot of respect for the people who fall into the first category, because I am still not one of them, and most likely won't be until sometime late in January.  It's fuck*ng hard, but even as I type these words I feel guilty for writing here and not working on the book. 

*Tom Robbins: "There's two types of people in the world: people who think there's two types of people in the world and people who know better."
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 08:25:56 am »

dude, there is porn that is one hell of a lot more explicit than Playboy in dead-tree form.

I see it on shelves in stores, and laugh. And then return to the cornucopia of warm fallopia that is the internet (I cannot take credit for that rhyme. Also, I know that those are on the inside, it is just a good line. be serious.)

The rhyme may not be yours, but you still get a tiny can for that dandy voice that makes the most anti-choice grannies' panties moist.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 06:16:54 pm »

YESSSS.

that is the rhyme that me and my friend Karl use to introduce people to the work.

That, and "I'd jizz early, inside liz hurly"
"winona ryder? goin' inside her"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Mr. Opinion experiment.
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 07:01:13 pm »

See, I read that sentence as "cornucopia of warm fallout" about five times in a row, and I was wondering desperately where the rhyme was. And then I read it right, and I still think that "cornucopia of warm fallout" is a fine description for the Internet as well.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up