Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer  (Read 4432 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:15:07 am »

Linky.

Maybe I just don't have enough emotional investment in the characters to feel sorry for them, but this strip and yesterday's both made me laugh my arse off.

I also like how the strip's title on the archive page is "The Needle and the Damage Done".
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:30:49 am »

I hope this goes on for another couple of weeks
or at least the rest of this week so monday can be him lying on the ground, bloodied and crying with 'merry christmas from achewood'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:40:54 am »

Oh, Cornelius.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 02:16:16 pm »

I guess they must not have a tattoo removal place in the local underground.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:20:29 pm »

I'm glad that I've never felt the desire to rip my own skin off.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:41:39 pm »

I hope it is just a temporary tattoo. I hope that so hard. Of all the people for this to happen to, Mr Bear is the most tragic.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:44:09 pm »

Tragic.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:55:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure he's violating the aftercare instructions there.  Might end up with some scarring.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 04:15:15 pm »

Hi Foreboding Orb!

Agreed. Look at his frigging mouth, I would never have thought to see such brutal anguish from Mr. Bear. It's good, it's tough to read in a way.

Heeeellllo Achewood! Right!

Agreed - It is very sad to see someone who is usually so debonair be degraded first by this tat, and then by his self-loathing because of the tat.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 04:29:16 pm »

The idea that someone flipping out over a tattoo could be similar to an addiction-freak-out is rad.

Well-drawn tears.

A+++, fast delivery, would do business with this strip again!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 06:17:27 pm »

Harrowing!
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 06:24:37 pm »

I actually thought yesterday's was hilarious but today's was too much for me. Maybe tomorrow I'll like it?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 02:33:49 am »

The bear's initial reaction of whimpering quickly gives way to intense anger. I do not like this strip, I do not like it at all. I am uncomfortable with the idea of Connie suffering, dammit!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 05:59:33 am »

yeah, this one is a bit much for me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 20 Dec 2007 - The most painful part of the loafer
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 11:22:47 am »

Cornelius suffering makes me so upset. Perhaps the stress of finals contributes to this, but when I saw that old-timer so distraught, I almost couldn't read Achewood anymore.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up