Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg  (Read 3044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« on: December 25, 2007, 01:13:17 pm »

A day late - I thought it was the 25th.... Hope all your wishes come true.

 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 01:18:43 pm »

Damn, how did we miss this one?

Have a good one man, my present to you is a daydream that you are not in hawaii.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 04:43:42 pm »

Happy Birthday and God Bless.  Hope to see you on the mainland in '08.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 05:02:48 pm »

Happy birthday dude! I hope that you get the high-paying job of your dreams on the mainland with a minuscule commute.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 06:13:32 pm »

Merry birthmas!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 06:44:09 pm »

happy birthday! I hope it was wonderful.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 07:17:38 pm »

Dude! I'm right on time! Have the happiest of birthdays - may your heart sing with the joys of . . . ahh, sorry. Can't sustain the inventiveness. Anyway, good on you for being born today (or tomorrow, or whatever).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 04:59:50 am »

Thought I was a day late posting to an already-day-late thread, but I just had the wrong time zone set on my profile.

Never mind that.  Happy everything, man!  Hope things work out well for you in the coming year.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 07:44:01 am »

Many happy returns, man, and may '08 be better than '07.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 12:24:51 pm »

Enjoy your birthday, if you'd like.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 02:41:06 pm »

Happy birthday Dawg.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 05:20:25 pm »

Happy birthday A-man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 09:05:19 pm »

Happy B-day!  I was out of town in a place where internet doesn't go, but I wish you well, and hope your birthday wish to come back to the mainland comes true really soon!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 05:49:01 am »

Thanks, Y'all!

I got a cake at work. That was really unexpected. I worked Sunday, the 23, the 24th, the 25th, and today. In fact, I will probably work 13 days straight, between 10 and 12 hours per day.

Unlike mainland Post Offices, Hawaii post offices still get tons of parcels to deliver. On Sunday, I had 13 carriers working 8 hours and they delivered 1,031 across 40 routes in our zone.

On Christmas Day, I had 5 carriers deliver 130 Express Mailpieces across about 35 routes.

Thanks for the well-wishes. The family flies back to the mainland on the 8th of January. The household goods are dwindling. The job hunt remains the same - nothing breaking yet. I'll be moving into a room in a friends house. That shouldn't be awkward at all.

Oh, and my Dad's brain cancer which we just learned about in the last 10 days will probably have him cashing out 6 to 24 months from now - it's very weird and hard to be this far away, even though we had a lot of go-rounds growing up and my oldest sister has a somewhat pathological relationship with him for reasons only she truly knows. Personally, I think walking away for 8 years and then coming back when he just got out of brain surgery and can't talk and letting him have it, and giving ultimatums is a supremely cowardly move. I am really not understanding everything going on over there. I asked her if she felt better and I tried to convey to her that she can be sure of controlling and affecting one thing - herself and how she approaches relationships, her feelings about the history between her and dad, and what she is going to do. I let go of all the resentment and pain I felt a long time ago. At least for my brother and I, it was mainly some fairly wicked beatings which were generally in my case his asserting absolute physical domination...submission holds and then hitting. Sometimes your head against the wall. Sometimes wrapping you up and dropping your or throwing you. This is what I remember...I don't know what or if he did the same thing to the girls or not.    She talked about a lot of things over the phone with me and it was really hard for me to keep my patience and try to see her side. I guess I don't see the value in trying to change thirty years ago behaviors of a 70 year old man who lay dying. I think she's selgiraffe for doing that and I think she's selgiraffe for adding to his pain. I let mine go a long time ago. I try to have a normal relationship with my dad, hard with 3000 miles and some of the history between us...but why would I dwell on the bad things that happened? I have some good memories too. I have to believe my sister does too...why does she choose to dwell only on the bad stuff, whatever that is? Why do I feel it's important to my faith walk as a Christian to love my dad for being my dad, and to hate the bad stuff, but not him? And not myself?

Am I just stronger? Did she experience more? I have a lot of questions I won't ask because I don't want to know the answers.

So, to summarize, an odd/interesting/kind of emotional 40th birthday.




Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday AlohaDawg
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 06:35:33 am »

Dude.

My love and best wishes to you.  No matter what shit you have to go through, You..Are..Rad..

Shitty times must end.  Things will get better.

  At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up