Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions.  (Read 14666 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 08:26:54 pm »

Dang, that toothbrush has a theme song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 08:57:33 pm »

man, that toothbrush... they are really excited about these new technologies which will change the way we brush our teeth, forever.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 10:36:14 pm »

It has to be done, so I'll just get it out of the way:

My heart's explodin'! THIS TOOTHBRUSH!

At one time, my dentist told my mom to buy me a waterpik, and to dump a full dose of Listerine (although at first it was prescription mouthwash) into it and fill it the rest of the way with water and basically mouthwashblast my teeth and gums. I have never flossed, and never will. I just can't. Many of my teeth are slightly crooked, and one is just completely out of place. I need braces something wicked, though I'd rather just do that surgery they do that gets it all done in a couple of days.
Logged

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 11:53:25 pm »

Oh, goodness, SMells!  The Oral-B TRIUMPH is a triumphant toothbrush indeed!

Shit, I say get it.  Or at least a crappy battery-powered spin brush, like I have.  It works tolerably well.  But the TRIUMPH is the toothbrussssh of the future!!

Resolutions? for 2008?  ~~~

Obtain as much horizontal professional credit as possible.

Look into buying a year or three of retirement credz.

Save a ton of money so me and the SO can go to Australia this coming summer.

Better financial habits all 'round.  Especially when it comes to budgeting and saving the mon-eh.

Keep going to the gym with Linnea, and sculpt an awesome physique once more.  Yesss!

Crazy goal:  to one day obtain an elite heart rate.  Like. . . 50!  That would be teh awesome.

To log some serious mileage on the bicycle.

To obtain flattering bridesmaid dresses for both my BFF and my younger sister's weddings in 2008.  And rock the hot bod to pull it off.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 12:17:22 am »

horizontal professional credit

????

Is that a euphemism for sleeping with one's boss?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 12:35:45 am »

yeah, flossing is like...
maybe with practice it would get less obnoxious? but right now, for me, flossing is like when Ray decides to drink milk, and goes all out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 01:12:13 am »

I predict '08 will be professionally interesting wrestling.

This is how I misread your post Ash. I'm kind of disappointed now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 01:48:24 am »

Is that a euphemism for sleeping with one's boss?

I read it as meaning "collecting favors from coworkers to cash in later," but I like your interpretation better.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 02:19:51 am »

Sleeping in tents? Man that sounds like a messed up summer camp. At my summer camp we learned to write our names in Mayan, wrote a bunch of poetry, built stuff with solar cells, and played us the hell out of some egyptian rat screw and spades.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 02:30:56 am »

Horizontal pay scale, as in teacher stuff.

My goals...I think I touched on them in another thread.
Run a 9 minute mile.
Get back down to my Pre-Alaska weight (from our Not Dying thread, remember that?)
Save money, pay off credit card
Do a bunch of psychological housekeeping so that I'll be in better shape to meet my fella, when he comes along
Make a much bigger effort towards finding meatspace friends
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2007, 07:03:56 pm »

Actually, horizontal professional credit sounded to ME like pro-wrestling so...

There has gotta be some kinda wrasslin' mojo to this thread.

In college, I played a pro-wrestler in a short film and...

I'm surprised none of those old knuckleheads ever put that up on the internet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 10:33:35 pm »

My actual New Years Resolution is to let negativity bring me down as little as possible.

It sounds vague as hell but it really sort of covers all the bases.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 11:08:48 pm »

I think mine is "eat less red meat and dairy fat." Hope the cows of the world are happy with this, at least.

Past that, it was starting to sound like "figure out what I am going to do when I grow up," and that was just too depressing at my age and after how many years in a row lately that I should have been doing that... so let's just stick with the healthy eating habits. After all, it seems like I am going to have to stay alive and healthy a pretty long time to figure out the other question.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 04:10:06 am »

I've discovered that I'm very nice to the people around me.   I've surrounded myself with some amazingly awesome people.

I've also discovered that I'm not very nice to myself.

I have intents to be nicer to myself.  I'm very good at things, and am pleasant.   It is my resolution to allow myself to feel that way.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: New Year's Resolutions.
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 08:39:26 pm »

My New Year's resolution is to do things on time rather than a couple days la--damn.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up