Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Lag  (Read 5133 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 11:05:20 pm »

oh god... they will give them all horrible voices and will ruin it forever.

All Nathan Lane as the voice of Chucklebot... all Juliette Lewis as the voice of Molly...
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 11:21:19 pm »

You know they'd get Dane Cook and Seth Green involved.

You just know this because the world is an awful place.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 11:56:18 pm »

oh god
oh god... no

they couldn't...
the children! THE CHILDREN!

Someone would be voiced by Carlos Mencia, for some reason.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 11:59:10 pm »

Someone would be voiced by Carlos Mencia, for some reason.
"Starring Carlos Mencia as Envelópe Martinez."
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 12:05:47 am »

"Starring Carlos Mencia as Envelópe Martinez."

Heh! That would be pretty awesome. Tiny can por tu, Señor.
Logged

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 12:23:34 am »

Heh! That would be pretty awesome. Tiny can por tu, Señor.
I dunno, man.  The implication I was angling for with "starring" was that an Achewood movie, if done Hollywood-style, would be butchered in order to give an originally minor character a more major role because said character is voiced by someone famous.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate the can!

In any case: an Achewood movie would be pretty weird I think, even if they didn't give everyone terrible voices that would ruin it forever as inev fears.  I mean, I just can't imagine Onstad's extremely spare art style translating well to animation, and any embellishments (like, oh, I don't know, colors or backgrounds) would take away from some of the appeal in my mind.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 01:47:57 am »

I dunno, man.  The implication I was angling for with "starring" was that an Achewood movie, if done Hollywood-style, would be butchered in order to give an originally minor character a more major role because said character is voiced by someone famous.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate the can!

In any case: an Achewood movie would be pretty weird I think, even if they didn't give everyone terrible voices that would ruin it forever as inev fears.  I mean, I just can't imagine Onstad's extremely spare art style translating well to animation, and any embellishments (like, oh, I don't know, colors or backgrounds) would take away from some of the appeal in my mind.

Mencia would be a pretty good choice for Envelópe. I can assure you, Virginia. THEY WILL NEVER MAKE AN ACHEWOOD MOVIE. If they did, they would never get mainstream stars to play characters for Ray and Beef. A minor actor such as Mencia would be a perfect choice for a supporting role.

I can't even remember where Envelópe is from, but I think he's Central/South American. Isn't Mencia Mexian/Honduran?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 04:43:11 am »

yes, he is mexican or something central/south american. also, he is obnoxious and unfunny and should not be with a mile of anything I like, ever. we actually have a legal agreement where he will not eat mexican food, and in return, I won't make threatening phone calls to his house late at night.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 05:17:49 am »

Basically, they could use anyone in the cast of "Dazed and Confused" for voices and... that's it.

No other "name" actors.

I have no idea why I'm so ardent about such a random idea but there we are.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 05:36:41 am »

that movie... wow. It was so good. I was surprised.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 08:40:23 pm »

Voicing? I believe you are thinking in an insufficiently Hollywood direction.

It would be adapted as a live-action film about two non-cat childhood friends who get together to roll the Great Outdoor Fight. No alive stuffed animals or anthropomorphic cats would be involved.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 08:50:29 pm »

Ben! Don't be such a stranger.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 08:54:10 pm »

and it would end up not being in any way called or related to Achewood. it would be called, say, "The Fight." no one would know what happened to "the achewood movie" we were promised.

...I forget what book-to-movie this happened for? something I was looking forward to at the time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 08:59:04 pm »

The only way we will know that the movie we're watching originated with Onstad is Steve Buscemi's character screaming "NORTHWEST CORNER STEP ON IT STEP ON IT."
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Book Lag
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 09:18:29 pm »

Everything funny and awesome about the action of the Great Outdoor Fight would be rendered ghoulish and awful by taking the mass carnage amoungst drawings of anthropomorphic cats and making it the ugly slashing and crushing deaths of real-looking human people.

So... of course that would be how it happened.

Of course the studios would make it into "300 for Hipsters!"

*sigh*
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up