Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neopolitan Shooters  (Read 2721 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Neopolitan Shooters
« on: December 31, 2007, 05:21:41 pm »

Has anyone here tried making Onstad's Neopolitan shooters? How'd they turn out?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:07:12 am »

Every time I try them Sicilian shooters show up and take them out.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:21:12 pm »

Every time I try them Sicilian shooters show up and take them out.

Have a shot of Dr. Pepper instead.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:58:40 am »

To answer the question, no I have not. It looks like they're a bitch to layer properly. If I remember right, Onstad said that he spent all this time slammin' awful-looking drinks because he didn't want to waste the hooch when he fucked up the layers for the millionth time. The photo he took of the finished drink was nice, if memory serves me right.

If you decide to try the recipe (if I remember correctly, I think it's Tequila Rose for the pink layer, Malibu rum mixed with heavy coconut milk for the white layer, and Kahlua or something dark for the bottom layer), definitely take some pictures.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 01:21:27 am »

Something tells me you'll wind up with a few dozen beige layers that take up the entire shot glass before you get it right.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:20:17 am »

Something tells me you'll wind up with a few dozen beige layers that take up the entire shot glass before you get it right.
Right, this is what happens. I have better luck if im sober, and there is a lady who will be impressed by layered drinks. Also, putting the liquors in a freezer before hand.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:29:02 am »

Right, this is what happens. I have better luck if im sober, and there is a lady who will be impressed by layered drinks. Also, putting the liquors in a freezer before hand.

I found the recipe online: http://www.imjustdrinking.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drink:Neapolitan_Shooter
I also found a photograph, but it has an AssBar link.

I think that chilling/reezing them beforehand will help tremendously. Plus it is always more refreshing to drink a cold drink. I hate taking room-temperature shots. It's gotta be cold. From my experience, freezing should thicken most liqueurs and make them easier to layer. The exception is Bailey's, would that freeze solid if you left it in the freezer too long, or would the alcohol keep it flowing?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:44:17 am »

Oh yea, check it, that size glass is what you need, dont try pulling this shit in a shot glass or something.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Neopolitan Shooters
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 03:03:41 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up