Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat Toy Problem  (Read 11998 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2008, 09:24:54 pm »

I cry every year when the Contemporary service at my church has "Banjo Sunday." 

Every year. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2008, 09:56:35 pm »

Banjo music makes baby jebus cry too.

;)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 05:26:40 am »

My work neighbor farms avocados. October's fires ran through a lot of the prime North San Diego County growers and wiped their asses out so yeah, prices be rising around here at least.

When my Grampa died in '82 Unky Dan gave my parents a little 'cado tree in a bucket. They planted it in the backyard and now that sucker is immense and is a falling fruit hazard to man and pet. Yesterday my parents dropped by with a bag bigger than Asherbaby of Grampa 'cados. I'm eating half of one for lunch sliced over my homemade beef enchiladas leftover from Saturday's house party.

Stay with me people, this post is what Old Coot Nostalgia feels like.

'Cados seasoned with the mental tears of reminiscence are pretty damn good.

Holy shit, dude. Hella poignant. Tiny can.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2008, 10:26:58 am »

My family's inappropriate nostalgia target is the Bird Clock, one of those wall clocks that plays a different birdcall on the hour every hour. It was one of the few things we asked for when Grandma died, because it reminds us of their house, as strange as it is. I don't exactly get choked up every time the hour chimes, but I do think of them.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 02:49:29 pm »

V, my father-in-law has his dad's bird clock hanging in their kitchen. 

I get it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2008, 04:45:09 pm »

Damn, Ash. Very nostalgic and poignant.

Anyway, I had to repost to this thread because Lennybruce just ate a scrap of paper, right in front of me. Dammit! He started batting at it, and I figured he was just going to play with it, but then he just ate it before I could get it out of his mouth. Little bastard. At least paper is biodegradable.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2008, 07:52:01 pm »

Petunia ate some tinfoil from a mini-reese's cup a few days ago.  I saw her sniffing at it, and thought "No way will she eat that one she gets a taste of it", but then remembered as it disappeared that the main reason tinfoil tastes bad to us is because of the electrochemistry between fillings and the foil.  She had a poop with fancy goldish ornamentation yesterday - so no harm done I suppose.

I wonder if the recent trends towards resin fillings instead of amalgam will mean that future generations of people won't know the awfulness of accidentally getting a bit of foil in with their hastily unwrapped Hershey's Kiss.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 06:45:21 pm »

My 22 lb. cat Bob has eaten, on occasion, an entire loaf of wheat bread, about a fist-sized chunk of Mexican laundry soap (in bar form), and licked up a 4'x4' section of bathroom floor worth of Tilex. I usually don't get too spun up when I hear about pets eating odd things.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2008, 06:48:50 pm »

my dog has licked our floor so much that he has worn through the polish in some places.

this makes my parents dislike him even more.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 11:06:14 pm »

My 22 lb. cat Bob has eaten, on occasion, an entire loaf of wheat bread, about a fist-sized chunk of Mexican laundry soap (in bar form), and licked up a 4'x4' section of bathroom floor worth of Tilex. I usually don't get too spun up when I hear about pets eating odd things.

Last week, my father came home for lunch to find a loaf of sourdough bread on the floor, carefully removed from its bag (which was covered in small tooth-holes) and with the heel gnawed off. This is yet another piece of evidence suggesting that the new kitten is both enthusiastically omnivorous and maybe a little too smart for anyone's good.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2008, 11:14:33 pm »

Our cats will eat anything vaguely edible and quite a few things that aren't.  I only worry if it's something indigestible.

Yesterday I brought home a tiny fir tree, and the cats are obsessed with it.  I made this video of them*: note they aren't actually breaking off or eating pieces - they're just sniffing it, "chewing" the air around it or tasting it without actually removing any pieces from the plant.  Odd behavior.

*You get to hear me talk.  Sadly I don't say anything distinctly Canadian.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2008, 11:23:25 pm »

awesome. I love when cats do these things.

I love your voice. It reminds me of someone, I do not remember who.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2008, 11:25:03 pm »

I guess I should have added the obligatory:

My cat's breath smells like Tilex.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 11:31:55 pm »

Last week, my father came home for lunch to find a loaf of sourdough bread on the floor, carefully removed from its bag (which was covered in small tooth-holes) and with the heel gnawed off. This is yet another piece of evidence suggesting that the new kitten is both enthusiastically omnivorous and maybe a little too smart for anyone's good.

This is simply too cute for words. It makes me want to have a cat again. But my apartment is tiny, so the cat would go crazy. (kind of like me)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2008, 01:15:26 am »

I wonder if the recent trends towards resin fillings instead of amalgam will mean that future generations of people won't know the awfulness of accidentally getting a bit of foil in with their hastily unwrapped Hershey's Kiss.

Um...I don't any have fillings, and I think tinfoil tastes pretty bad. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up