Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat Toy Problem  (Read 12045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2008, 02:00:22 am »

I too have no fillings and practically have seizure of disgust if tin foil gets in my teeth.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2008, 02:59:56 am »

I gotta couple fillings, but didn't have any until my 30s. This fact often makes people inexplicably angry.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2008, 03:23:15 am »

No fillings here.

No strong feelings about tin foil also.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42:59 am »

I am pretty sure I have never had a filling.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2008, 03:50:57 am »

I am pretty sure I have never had a filling.

Hm. Have you ever woken up in a bathtub full of ice with a mysterious scar?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 03:54:07 am »

No fillings no cavities in my teeth. Perfect dental health. Heres the trick - I dont brush my teeth. I use listerine 2-3 times a day. That shit kills whatever the hell is growing in my mouth before it gets out of hand, without being abrasive to my gums or tooth enamel.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:08 am »

Mel, that's such a great fuckin' video! I want to put videos of Milan and Lenny on the intarwubs. I need to get a camcorder.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 04:38:59 am »

No fillings no cavities in my teeth. Perfect dental health. Heres the trick - I dont brush my teeth. I use listerine 2-3 times a day. That shit kills whatever the hell is growing in my mouth before it gets out of hand, without being abrasive to my gums or tooth enamel.

heh heh
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 04:41:36 am »

No fillings no cavities in my teeth. Perfect dental health. Heres the trick - I dont brush my teeth. I use listerine 2-3 times a day. That shit kills whatever the hell is growing in my mouth before it gets out of hand, without being abrasive to my gums or tooth enamel.

Damn. Let us know how that works out for you in about 10 years. Do you smoke? Do you floss?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2008, 04:52:31 am »

Damn. Let us know how that works out for you in about 10 years. Do you smoke? Do you floss?

No, no - just let it go.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2008, 05:22:07 am »

I visit a dentist twice a year who gives things the check n' clean. Ive gotten the clean bill of health so far. You all laugh because youve been taught that rubbing harsh brushes across tender gums and non-replaceable enamel is the way to go. Sorry, but I prefer liquid to squeeze around the corners and kill the bad guys.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 07:30:28 am »

Our cats will eat anything vaguely edible and quite a few things that aren't.  I only worry if it's something indigestible.

Yesterday I brought home a tiny fir tree, and the cats are obsessed with it.  I made this video of them*: note they aren't actually breaking off or eating pieces - they're just sniffing it, "chewing" the air around it or tasting it without actually removing any pieces from the plant.  Odd behavior.

*You get to hear me talk.  Sadly I don't say anything distinctly Canadian.


Wow, what gorgeous cats! Are they related? They look really similar.

Also, what are the songs in that video? I can't get them out of my head now.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2008, 05:02:11 pm »

I visit a dentist twice a year who gives things the check n' clean. Ive gotten the clean bill of health so far. You all laugh because youve been taught that rubbing harsh brushes across tender gums and non-replaceable enamel is the way to go. Sorry, but I prefer liquid to squeeze around the corners and kill the bad guys.

I'm with AC here, sort of.  I brush once a day, gently, with a soft brush.  (I could use a toothbrush for three years without it showing wear -- Pedro's start to fray after 2 weeks, I think he brushes waaaaaaaay to hard.)  Listerine (orange flavor!) and sugarless gum are friends of mine.  I don't drink soda with sugar in it -- diet only.  And I floss 2 - 3x/wk.  I think that's the key to avoiding gum disease -- vigilant flossage.  And I get complimented on my oral hygiene every time I go to the dentist -- about once every 2 years. 

My brother-in-law's friend, who is a dentist, once told him that if he walked into a drugstore with a buck, and toothpaste and a toothbrush were $0.50 each and dental floss was $1, he'd buy the floss, no question.  It's that much more important. 

I have trouble with regular floss, so we get those Reach Flossers for the back teeth.  More expensive than a roll of store-brand floss, but cheaper than a root canal. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2008, 09:37:01 pm »

Wow, what gorgeous cats! Are they related? They look really similar.

Also, what are the songs in that video? I can't get them out of my head now.

They are pretty awesome.  Day three and the plant is still in one piece.  Baby and Zha Zha are sisters and littermates, Max isn't related to them.

The first song is Hawksley Workman's "Your Beauty Must be Rubbing Off (on Me)."  The second is The Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Down Boy."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Cat Toy Problem
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2008, 01:41:44 am »

I hit the Listerine three times a day too, but that's only because the plea bargain doesn't allow me to visit the ABC stores anymore.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up