Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.  (Read 19853 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« on: January 03, 2008, 09:05:58 pm »

**SPOILER ALERT**

I can't believe that Nice Pete has let us down, and not done the killing thing to Rachael Ray. She who cannot spell her own name defeats even him. I fear for civilization.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 09:24:17 pm »

I didn't know she was married. Did she drug him? Blackmail?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »

She can't spell her name?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:56:08 pm »

She can't spell her name?

I think she means Rachael vs. Rachel
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:07:04 pm »

Oh.  I think its a pretty standard spelling.  Its sort of the same rules as Michael.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:21:24 pm »

Actually it is vastly less common. And stupid.

I could actually give you some numbers, but I am going to back away from the computer now and pretend I have a life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 10:52:32 pm »

This and Philippe's blog were both awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:28 pm »

Actually it is vastly less common. And stupid.

I could actually give you some numbers, but I am going to back away from the computer now and pretend I have a life.

I've always preferred it, maybe because it matches up with the weird spelling of my middle name, Michael.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 12:06:34 am »

Wombat - as usual - has the power of truth behind her opinion:



Or at least, the truth as known by the US Social Security Administration.

Her fervor has me thinking Rachel is her given name. ;)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 12:10:00 am »

I've always preferred it, maybe because it matches up with the weird spelling of my middle name, Michael.
We share the same spelling of the same middle name. I still feel weird spelling it. In my head it sounds like "mick-eye-l" like a yiddish person might say.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 12:30:43 am »

Damn, that was vivid. I am grateful that I've never seen Rachael's show, and therefore have no idea why Onstad hates her so bad.

This blog post's description of her husband made me cringe. Being married to her cookshow-empire-money must be like being trapped in a burning building by golden handcuffs.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:08 am »

Ooo, but I did not have the power of graphics. All I even considered doing was tossing out a couple of numbers from one decade. That is lovely, Mr Kangaroo Man.

That is not my name, by the way, I'm just very opinionated about names.

But back on topic:
Damn, that was vivid.

Yes. Nice Pete outdoes himself as a writer here, if not, sadly, as a murderer.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 12:52:05 am »

Oddly enough I've dated both a Rachael and a Rachel.  Apparently one is the slavic way of spelling it and one is the hebrew.  Or something like that.  Any name that's in the bible is going to have weird multiple spellings, and nothing is really phonetic in latin characters, since the language our alphabet was made for shifted away from its original pronunciation over 2000 years ago.  English should have about twenty something vowels.

Are there Michels out there though?  That looks kinda weird.  Like it should be pronounced "Mitchell" or "Michelle."
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 12:54:36 am »

Are there Michels out there though?  That looks kinda weird.  Like it should be pronounced "Mitchell" or "Michelle."

Yes there are, and it's pronounced "Michelle", because they're French, or Québecois.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 01:36:17 am »

At one job I had a (really dumb, but nice) lady had a daughter and a son.  The son's name was Michael, the daughter's Micheal.  Alright, I don't remember exactly, but the girls name was the proper Micheal (thats right, right?) pronounced Michelle and the son's name was Michael pronounced Micheal or whatever. 

It was a confusing time.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up