Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.  (Read 19807 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2008, 02:20:19 am »

I didn't know it was called the brombilla but yes I have that, also the cup carved out of a gourd so things are ready for authentic tea drinking.
I'm just concerned about where I can get more genuine leaves after I use up the couple of bags I have since a giant bag that would last about a year of normal tea drinking will last in my estimation about 2 or three sessions in this case.
I shall remember to post pics of my first yeber experience if this would please people.

I love yerba mate. A friend of mine from Chile said that the gourd is the "lower class" way of drinking it. His gramma has a gorgeous yerba mate set where the cups are painted in gold, sort of like how Russian formal teaware is made.

Also, do not buy mate' from the health food store. Their markup is insaaaaane. There are plenty of places on the intarwubs and at South American grocery stores where you can buy it in bulk.

when I was a barista at a health food store, we had these two guys from a yerba mate company come and visit. They were both (I presume) trust-fund kids who had this idea to introduce organic, fair-trade yerba mate to the US and started their own company. They traveled across the country in a very nice, very new RV and hawked their mate at health food stores, giving out samples. They were both ripped and gorgeous and tended to wear hemp overalls with no shirt. The ladies fawned over them like you would not believe. My friend and I at the juice bar secretly called them "The Mate Beefcakes". I am sure that their RV was rockin'.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:22 am »

As it happens the Lady's father imports it (at 1000% mark up, the man is an evil genius in this respect) I'm just not sure if it will be the same thing since he brings it in to sell it as normal tea whereas I'm going for the multiple steeping thing JD described. Worth a shot though. As I said, I shall try it this weekend and provide pics.

And no offense taken about the country thing, I noticed before but people in my own country barely believe where I come from (due to fruity accent issues) so geographical confusion has never caused me much trouble.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2008, 03:53:58 am »

I guess this is as good a place as any to make the irrelevant remark that I just saw an episode of Seinfeld in which he meets a ballplayer who says he is Keith Hernandez. You have no idea how disorienting this was. Is the next one going to star someone named August West?

I am a bit disoriented too, but remember when my little profile things said I love cocaine and I smoked two and a half packs of cigarettes over the course of a baseball game?  Well, that keith hernandez was a coke head who smoked two packs of cigarettes during a baseball game once.  Also one of the greatest god damn defensive first basemen of all time.  Also, the guy who may have gotten Darrell CUNT and Doc Gooden into coke, which really messed up both of their careers and lives. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2008, 05:17:31 am »

Quote from: KeithHernandez
Also, the guy who may have gotten Darrell CUNT and Doc Gooden into coke, which really messed up both of their careers and lives.

Between the misspelling of Darryl and the sauciness of the automatic filters, it took me a surprisingly long time to figure out that you meant the 1983 NL Rookie-of-the-Year and not... some kind of pornography star of whom I've never heard.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2008, 05:25:38 am »

So its no longer safe for me to admit my love of CUNT jam?  The enchanting aroma makes me want to rub my face in a CUNT all day!

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2008, 05:43:32 am »

To say nothing of how this effects the appreciation of nostalgic shortcake-themed dolls...

And how they are scented after their namesake.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2008, 07:16:05 am »

Quote
I love yerba mate. A friend of mine from Chile said that the gourd is the "lower class" way of drinking it. His gramma has a gorgeous yerba mate set where the cups are painted in gold, sort of like how Russian formal teaware is made.

From my experience with my grandparents, Chileans seem really hung up on class stuff like that. I am pretty sure my grandparents drink Earl Grey or whatever. Hmm.
Wikipedia says that this is because they are Urban, but there is probably some sort of weird prejudice at the root of that.

also: part of my problem is that I don't completely understand how most things called Irony are Ironic.
also: I get pissed off that... apparently some of the things I like are cool to like among my friends, but they like them ironically. I forget examples of this.

also: Huckabee strikes me as a slimeball after that stunt he pulled which went like:
"I have a great negative ad about Romney, but I'm not going to show it."
"no?"
"no, I won't. and lemme tell you, it was great. It talked all about (some problem), and mentioned (some other problem), and called him a (something). But see, if I showed that, it would have been playing dirty. I wouldn't do that."
MOTHER fuck*ng LAETOTES!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:23:30 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2008, 07:42:49 am »

I kind of like Huckabee, but I think it is very similar to how America liked Jimmy Carter. He got elected because he was a nice guy, and look where that got us.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2008, 07:48:57 am »

Well, during that period people stopped going to jail for a couple years for quarter bags of weed, so...


I mean, since Nixon nearly every president has had some real bad fuck ups/ done fucked up things.

Also, I should have known how to spell Darryl (CUNT).  To be fair, he has kind of just been a crack head since I have been able to, you know, watch tv and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:55:49 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2008, 08:31:24 am »

Quote from: lprkn
I kind of like Huckabee, but I think it is very similar to how America liked Jimmy Carter. He got elected because he was a nice guy, and look where that got us.

I dunno, Huckabee doesn't come off as a nice guy to me, at all. Not in the least.

The way he can throw around these... pathologically backwards notions that he's so apt to defense... with a straight face and eloquence. I find it frightening. He has that... warm slickness of someone who is either a pathological liar or strictly delusional. Seamlessly saying things that no educated person could possibly believe about a literally-Biblical world and...

Yeah. There's something deeply sick and/or wrong there.

Dude gives me the oogies. Same oogies I get off Obama, really, except substitute "religion taken astonishingly literally" with "vague empty optimism".

McCain, at least, seems like he used to be a smart tough fella and he just slowly sold his ethics out to the will to power, like MacBeth, over the course of his many failures the last few election cycles. Just finally gave in everything he believed in for his last desperate grasp at the brass ring.

That I can at least identify with and respect.

Clinton's a little too quick to compromise to protect her power but... at least she's a clearly brilliant person who is simply... too easily corrupted by what she considers to be "possible" as opposed to what is right and how things should work.

She'll do the best that she can for the country as long as she doesn't lose influence doing those good things.

That's about the best I can ask of a politician.

But Huckabee, man, he is definitely either a sociopath or a schizoid.

You gotta step back and squint a little bit to see it but, oh man, there is Bad Juju all around that dude.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:09 pm »

Mom: "No, I mean, it doesn't make sense that a national, Presidential candidate would propose something that stupid." 

It does when you figure that a great swath of our electorate will take something like that at face value--"Yeah!  Get rid of income taxes!  Awesome!"--and never bother to think through the implications.  Huckabee is stupid LIKE A FOX.  Same goes for much of Ron Paul's stuff; it appeals to people who either have no clue how the world works, or just don't bother to figure out what it really means.  "Abolish the Federal Reserve!  WHOO!"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2008, 01:19:37 am »

Bring back Ike, man...that's all I want. Guy was viewed as simple and too compromising in his time, but I think we need someone middle of the road on the issues who can frame questions and answers in a "What's the best thing that we can do in this situation?" kind of way.

Being someone who was born after Vietnam, Nixon, and Watergate makes me wonder what it was like to trust a public official to do the right thing. Must have been crazy.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2008, 01:24:11 am »

The flip side of that is, imagine telling someone from back then that we consistently elect people who are totally untrustworthy and screw us over. They'd think we were nuts for continuously voting for the same idjits.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2008, 01:28:22 am »

But that's no FUN, though.

I want a president who'll, like, socialize medicine through sheer force of will, even if it takes fending off assassins sent by the insurance industry with only his or her wits and a compound bow.

Screw pragmatism, I want to vote for Michael Moore if Michael Moore were a sexy lady.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 2008 blogs - Haxall's Pandemonium Chlorodyne.
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2008, 01:48:06 am »

Screw pragmatism, I want to vote for Michael Moore if Michael Moore were a sexy lady.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up