Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure  (Read 4238 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:20 pm »

There's that Ray Walk again.

Ray is going Bourne for Golden Palace? This creates more questions than it answers.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:30:45 pm »

The best part is the alt text. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:32:34 pm »

Golden Palace has a history of borderline offensive advertising schemes so I think Ray was thinking they'd be the most likely to actually pay for something like this. As for the Virgin Air bit, I have no idea. I sort of remember some Virgin Cola ads from the late 90's but nothing from them since.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:39:58 pm »

Is Hawking mainlining pureed fetuses?  How is he living for decades with ALS when others die within a few years?  Lou Gehrig only lasted 3 1/2 after symptoms showed.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:40:49 pm »

Sir Ricky's got his fingers in a lot of pies airline-wise. Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Blue, Virgin Express, Virgin America... there haven't been this many people around claiming to be a virgin since the 1999 Spears family Christmas card.

Heyo!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 12:38:54 am »

Is Hawking mainlining pureed fetuses?  How is he living for decades with ALS when others die within a few years?  Lou Gehrig only lasted 3 1/2 after symptoms showed.

Heh! That is a very good point, but it appears that his illness has had a rather slow progression. I guess the doctors only gave him about three years at the time of his diagnosis when he was a mere 21 years old. Dude's going to turn 66 years old in a couple of days. I have no idea how he's lasted this long. I think that his incredible genius has bought him great medical care. In the early days, he only had grad student assistants. Now he has round the clock professional nurses.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 12:46:12 am »

"now he has round the clock personal nurses"  ..... INDEED!

Stephen Hawking is one of the best man-as-memes going these days.  Theoretical physics is pretty awesome at giving the world crazy characters.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 02:38:00 am »

I just like that Ray still has an Early Nineties Film vision of hacking.

Ski cap and a rifle, needed attire for hacking.

Rock on Linux, rock on Linus's security blanket.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Popegeorgeringo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 03:38:12 am »

"There's a lot of things Stephen Hawking can't do with a paper bag"

I say this is the best line of 2008.  I say that at year end it will still be one of the top ten.  As I see it.

The Pope
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 03:44:30 am »

Geez, calling Stephen Hawking weak for comedy is a real Hunts move in my book.  Anyone who has been within conversational radius of the sort of chair Hawking has knows that thing will crush your foot.  That sort of equipment is serious.  Stephen Hawking could make Onstad cry with one tilt of his steering stick.  I bet Onstad would cry if his foot bones got crushed by a wheelchair, though I don't wish that pain on anyone.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 05:16:07 am »

Agreed, Onstad has completely lost the people-who-have-been-within-conversational-radius-of-Stephen-Hawking market segment.
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 05:46:32 am »

Oh goody I get to tell my Lou Gehrig story.  About 10-15 years ago I was watching The Pride of the Yankees, a Lou Gehrig biopic starring Gary Cooper.  In the film they invented a character who was like a sidekick to Lou.  So Lou Gehrig takes ill and is rushed to the hospital.  Soon after his wife shows up and is greeted in the lobby by this sidekick guy.  She asks what it is he has.  He's kinda country and aw shucks in his demeanor.  He says something to the effect of Aw, they told me, but it was such a long word I couldn't remember it at all.  I'm sitting there on the sofa thinking "what DID Lou Gehrig die of?"  After way too long I thought, "oh yeah."

My Uncle died of ALS.  He went from diagnosis to the grave in about 2 years.  He was 60.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 04:09:16 pm »

Ski cap and a rifle, needed attire for hacking.
That's what I logged on to post. Never hack without a sniper rifle.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 04:10:40 pm »

That's what I logged on to post. Never hack without a sniper rifle.

And never, ever use a penis.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2008 - He's a hackable dude for sure
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 05:40:33 pm »

Geez, calling Stephen Hawking weak for comedy is a real Hunts move in my book.  Anyone who has been within conversational radius of the sort of chair Hawking has knows that thing will crush your foot.  That sort of equipment is serious.  Stephen Hawking could make Onstad cry with one tilt of his steering stick.  I bet Onstad would cry if his foot bones got crushed by a wheelchair, though I don't wish that pain on anyone.

I'm thinking of the slow creeping grin.  The slight gesture.  The sudden motion of the chair.  A howl of pain, and then...

HA. HA. HA.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up