So none of you have your own concrete bridge?
Mine was around the corner from my parent's house. In a large freeway construction project, the width of it was doubled from two lanes to four. It was over a concrete-embanked creek that had been modified by the Corps of Engineers for flood control purposes. And it was all mine.
Every day during the summer I'd sit underneath it with my sunflower seeds, my CD player (a real Sony Discman!), my Dr. Pepper, a book, and my cigarettes. Egrets would come and go with their slender, orange bills. Raccoons would wash their catches in the slow moving water. And no one hardly ever came down there except me. The path that wound along with the creek provided a wonderful walking space, quiet and serene in the midst of old suburban bustle, improvised and simple as opposed to those carefully sculpted "greenbelts" affluent communities create to make themselves feel better about their Yukon Denalis. And unlike Teodor I had some wonderful intimate escapades there, too.
Years later they put up a fence with a big, threatening sign about tresspassing. Ignoring it got dogs set upon me by paranoid neighbors I once waved to, when I damned the sign and went to a place I called my own.
You can never go back.