Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE  (Read 11040 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 12:46:53 am »

um, Eric Clapton.

... I really like his guitar solo on "I Ain't Got You," it's maybe one of my favorites. Just so basic and rocking. I love really simple 60s-style rock guitar solos.

you can hear this song here.  The solo is just so... distorted and loud and great. Mmm. Maybe it doesn't fit in the song for that reason, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 12:50:14 am »

Where are the slightly-floppy-in-a-sexy way tits?   The they're-sort-of-ugly-but-she's-clearly-proud-of-em-to-be-showing-em-off-like-that-and-that-makes-em-hot tits? 

This is an open message to real tits: We'd like to see you.  We miss you.  Wherever you are, please come home.

www.retroraunch.com (Not!  Safe!  For!  Work!  !! Seriously !!)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 12:53:16 am »

I think that if there were just more lady-on-lady makeouts, ladies would realize that 83% of all unhealthy images of female beauty are the work of over-competitive straight ladies and gay fellas who make women look like boys in their late teens because that's their standard of beauty and...

And basically push all that shit to the side and move on, strong in The Truth.

Granted, most of my opinions are formulated to lead to more lady-on-lady make-outs but I think this one actually has some intellectual traction.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 01:40:01 am »

I have always been interested in the phenomenon where... perfectly good looking girls I know, who had reasonably good body-image, were told by their mothers that they were ugly, needed makeup, were fat, etc.

I am not absolving myself of guilt, of course. I told those girls all of those things too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 02:46:03 am »

I think that if there were just more lady-on-lady makeouts,...

As much as lady on lady make-outs can be nice, even without dyking it out, as ladies we get to look at our own boobs all the time, our mom's boobs, our siblings boobs, our friends boobs and random lockerroom boobs.  Most ladies are fully aware that the entertainment boobs are not how boobs are supposed to be, and I think most men are too.  

There is nothing wrong with the business of making money off people enjoying looking at people that are beautiful - it's one of the pleasures of life!  I like attractive people, and there's nothing wrong with being hot.  What I am saying is, that if the entertainment industry sets the standard for beauty, that the industry needs to come to terms with what is actually beautiful.  Breasts are meant to be beautiful - they're there, sticking out of the front of ladies bodies for a reason.  Uniformity, though, is not beautiful.  It's boring.  The exciting thing about boobs, the titillation if you will, is the mystery of what might be under that shirt!  Artificiality, in the end, is not beautiful either - we know the make up washes off, that eventually steroids will ruin what the drugs once made nice, and when it comes to beauty this is not beautiful (SFW, but not what you want your boss to see you looking at). I am so sick of fake tits.  Seriously.  Seriously.

Inev:  Yeah, that shit is harsh.  I've had that experience first hand, it fucked me up pretty good.  I think it's a self projection + self hatred thing, and also a competitiveness and jealousy thing. [Self Edited: cut out painful personal examples].  It's shitty that this tradition of women demoralizing their daughters still exists.  I suppose the best I can do, the best we all can do, because we know better, is to work against that:  to celebrate the ladies around us beautiful creatures, and to let our kind words out often and without restraint. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 03:40:47 am »

It's shitty that this tradition of women demoralizing their daughters still exists.  I suppose the best I can do, the best we all can do, because we know better, is to work against that:  to celebrate the ladies around us beautiful creatures, and to let our kind words out often and without restraint. 

Yeah, see, this is what I don't get.  My mom didn't have a great relationship with her mom, and she is (IMHO) too concerned about her physical appearance, but I don't think the two are related.  The ways in which my grandmother was cruel to Mom didn't have anything to do with her hair or makeup -- maybe because Grandma was raised by her dad and her uncle, so she didn't have a female role model around to pick on her (her dad remarried, but she was a teenager by then). 

My mom told me I needed makeup and should dress nicer, etc, but never in a bad way.  Not like, "If you don't wear eyeliner no boy will love you," but more like, "You've got such pretty blue eyes, do you want to try this tasteful pastel eye shadow?  It would look so nice on you."  Clothing was a major issue as a teen, but that was mostly because grunge was "in" then and she resented spending good money so that I could look like a homeless person.  I think, though, that mom raised me first and foremost to be an independent thinker -- which I think she regrets a little because at some point (age seven?) I became so independent that I didn't care what she thought, either.  So, basically I don't wear makeup and wear my hair short and dress plainly and generally look like a lesbian (except for the large pregnant belly, I suppose, although there are plenty of ways for lesbians to get those too, these days). 

Anyway, the "you're not leaving the house in that" argument is one of the main things that scares me about having a little girl.  I can't imagine what will be in fashion by the time she's fourteen, but I can imagine being pretty upset about her wanting to wear it, at the rate things are going. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 04:17:29 am »

Anyway, the "you're not leaving the house in that" argument is one of the main things that scares me about having a little girl.  I can't imagine what will be in fashion by the time she's fourteen, but I can imagine being pretty upset about her wanting to wear it, at the rate things are going. 

Based on current trends in teen girls fashion I'm guessing that by the time she's 14 girls will actually be applying make up designed to look like globs of semen.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 04:24:38 am »

I have a fantasy that really un-revealing clothing will come back into style.

I mean, the girls I am attracted to/friends with/etc rarely or never wear that other kind of clothing anyway, but.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 04:27:22 am »

I have a fantasy that really un-revealing clothing will come back into style.

I mean, the girls I am attracted to/friends with/etc rarely or never wear that other kind of clothing anyway, but.
Yea, Id really love for the version of the future portrayed in Gattaca to become reality, where everyone gets tired of vulgarity and returns to the fashion and styles of the old times, where men wore hats and jackets and women dressed like women. Also, cars that dont look like spaceships or dildos.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:30:56 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 04:45:53 am »

I mean, deep down, this is not really a noble impulse on my part. Basically, I want to be the only guy to look at my lady's secret junk. I don't want it to be out there for everyone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 05:07:03 am »

I mean, deep down, this is not really a noble impulse on my part. Basically, I want to be the only guy to look at my lady's secret junk. I don't want it to be out there for everyone.

"lady's secret junk"? That makes it sound like you dig on trannies, which is really more of a Lyle thing.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2008, 05:28:37 am »

Wouldnt it be cool if you could combine geocaching and sex with loose women? Like you hide a registry in there or a prize for the next guy? Oh Oh, maybe theres like pieces of a puzzle or clues to solve a mystery!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2008, 02:07:29 pm »

I have a fantasy that really un-revealing clothing will come back into style.

I mean, the girls I am attracted to/friends with/etc rarely or never wear that other kind of clothing anyway, but.

"Calico and an apron?  Oh, I'm too old to wear that kind of thing." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2008, 04:44:53 pm »

I love this thread so much. Also, this shaving-everywhere thing needs to stop. It was fun until everyone and their grandmother got on that train.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up