I put this forum here because, according to a poll in another thread, over 40% of the people here not only read Lileks, but also found Achewood through Lileks. (He has linked to it at least twice, that I know of; he also showed up on the Dumbrella board a couple of times.) And, I thought we could open up the board to a handful of sites that tend to appeal to Ache-heads on the whole. I'm still waiting for other suggestions.
Plus, the discussion about Lileks was cluttering up the thread housing the above-mentioned poll. There's enough on his site to warrant several threads, simultaneously, and people seem to enjoy comparing notes.
His site is down, so I can't ask him, but he may not like the idea of a forum being attached to his work at all. If that turns out to be the case, I will of course kill the whole thing. But I suspect that he won't mind, and may even hang out here on occasion, which would certainly warrent having his own forum instead of a thread or two. Besides, having a separate forum keeps Lileks-speak out of other, more Jough-friendly forums. I would think that would be a plus.
That being said, Jough, it's your webspace, so if you really object to having the forum around, then kill it. I, for one, won't cry myself to sleep if you do. It's your call.