Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)  (Read 7733 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 12:59:47 pm »

you might as well be trying to get Mr. Mixed Pickles to say his name backwards.
I have a friend named Mr.Pickels - and he works in politics. Ive never asked him to say his name backwards tho
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 01:22:58 pm »

51% of the voting population has pu$$ys, after all, but the Rush Limbaughs of the world basically live to hate Bill for gaming them so... spectacularly and gloriously... that they've made "Clinton" a curse.

That's a lot more problematic.

But the problem is that I know I've heard several women say that they would never trust a woman to be president. Because they've bought into the whole "we're too emotional" line.

I always assumed that the first non-WASP* would be a (semi-)moderate republican. Because other republicans would vote their views and democrats would vote their liberal guilt.


*2nd. I always forget that Kennedy was Catholic and that's somehow different
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:26 pm »

If the Constitution was actually amended to reflect "Christian" principles, I would seriously move to Canada or New Zealand.

I like this take on the Huckabee candidacy:
http://www.someguywithawebsite.com/cartoons/2007/071217_clown.html
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »

I imagined this in terms of "Animal House", you know...

"Paul... DEAD! Thompson... DEAD!" etc.


Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 11:32:15 pm »

I always assumed that the first non-WASP* would be a (semi-)moderate republican. Because other republicans would vote their views and democrats would vote their liberal guilt.

Yeah, are they holding back Condi for the next election? Let some of the Bush stigma blow over?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 11:59:01 pm »

I think GWB wants her tripping around the Middle East this year nailing down his Legacy, not upsetting the Huckabee applecart that he's probably quietly endorsing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 01:08:29 am »

Huckabee also loves the Confederate flag!

And a new tax structure that'd punish the poor and the middle classes even more!

...and he still hates the hell outta gay folk, he just wanted to reiterate to South Carolina, y'know.

What a fuck*ng ridiculous douchebag. If people vote for this supreme fuckin' shitcharge in droves just because he's not afraid to suck White Jesus's cock* in broad-daylight, man, Americans really are the goddamned rubes I always feared they were and the fuckin' end of this lovely experiment is nigh.

(*there is a huge difference, by the by, between the historical Jewish pacifist-socialist revolutionary who might've been in some manner divine Jesus and WHITE JESUS, by the by... I am basically down with the first guy, I like that dude a lot. WHITE JESUS, however, is basically the opposite of Maybe-Actual Jesus and is everything that's wrong with Western Civilization. Just wanted to clear that one up.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 02:12:01 am »

Huckabee also loves the Confederate flag!

And a new tax structure that'd punish the poor and the middle classes even more!

...and he still hates the hell outta gay folk, he just wanted to reiterate to South Carolina, y'know.

What a fuck*ng ridiculous douchebag. If people vote for this supreme fuckin' shitcharge in droves just because he's not afraid to suck White Jesus's cock* in broad-daylight, man, Americans really are the goddamned rubes I always feared they were and the fuckin' end of this lovely experiment is nigh.

(*there is a huge difference, by the by, between the historical Jewish pacifist-socialist revolutionary who might've been in some manner divine Jesus and WHITE JESUS, by the by... I am basically down with the first guy, I like that dude a lot. WHITE JESUS, however, is basically the opposite of Maybe-Actual Jesus and is everything that's wrong with Western Civilization. Just wanted to clear that one up.)

Exactly. I also have to leave the room when I hear douches that I work with groaning about Clinton and Obama. "Ain't no way a woman or a nigger could ever run this heah country! Old rich white dudes, just like Jebus wanted. *ptaw*"
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 03:07:58 am »

pting!

I don't have problems with women or people of color running the country, just these two particular specimens. Obama seems like a pretty cool dude, but naive as hell. My problem with Clinton is that, due to her connections, she will bring a lot of the same people and ideas to the table that the first Clinton presidency had. The Clinton years weren't really that great, people, they just don't look so good from our current perspective. To me, the Clinton administration was just really disorganized and random, and you could never get a straight answer or action out of them.

So, I guess, I want somebody who knows what the fuck they're doing and isn't hugely polarizing. That would be nice.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 10:39:12 pm »

So, you want George Washington, basically. I think he's pretty much the only one who didn't split the nation.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 12:14:31 am »

Basically, yeah.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 04:34:17 am »

Well, only if you don't count the loyalists.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 02:40:58 pm »

Well, only if you don't count the loyalists.

Didn't they all run to Canada by the time electing Presidents came 'round, though?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 03:44:44 pm »

Didn't they all run to Canada by the time electing Presidents came 'round, though?

Shit man, it's your country.

I imagine if they didn't they learned to wave that new flag fuck*ng fast.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the US Constitution? (Danger, there be politics here...)
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 04:21:44 pm »

Ron Paul is dead already.
Fred Thompson is dead already.
Giulani is on a ventilator.
McCain isn't republican enough to ever get nominated. He would be a better 3rd party candidate because his best hope would be crossover votes.
Kucinich was never alive.
Huckabee vs Romney.
Clinton vs Obama.


Sadly, I've been pondering for some time that it's very possible that the democratic race will come down to a large number of people struggling with voting for a woman or a black man, and then the general election will come down to a large number of people voting against a woman or a black man. Or possibly against the Mormon. Or against the guy whose middle name is 'Hussein'.

This is not my position, of course, but America is unfortunately stiill populated heavily by people with this kind of thinking. I'm not happy with any of the candidates yet. If I had to choose, I'd choose someone with solid administrative experience. I th ink governors make better presidents than legislators. But this one will be tough and the economy is going to be SO BAD in a year or two that I don't envy whoever wins.



J



Oooh, I was so wrong. So horribly wrong. And I really, really hate this election cycle.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up