Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood  (Read 7033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 04:30:35 am »

For some odd reason I am loath to fork out in excess of 50 US dollars for a jumper.

If I lived in America I'd buy the Future Corpses of America T-shirt, though.  Somehow I don't think the joke would work as well in Australia.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 04:42:50 am »

It's a great sweatshirt, except when you have to explain it to people who don't know what a deus ex machina is. I used to attempt an explanation, but I just say "it's an art joke."

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 05:30:31 am »

Get three people to follow you around surreptitiously.  Then, when someone asks what a deus ex machina is, start explaining, really badly.  As you start spluttering, and looking confused, giving contradictory examples, one of your friends suddenly lights you up with a spotlight, while another plays Handel's Hallelujah Chorus over a boom box.  As you stand there, arms outstretched, glowing in the light, the third friend uses a long giraffeing pole to slowly lower down a dictionary which is open to the page with the definition of deus ex machina on it.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 07:10:00 am »

Or I could do that!

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 06:43:04 am »

For some odd reason I am loath to fork out in excess of 50 US dollars for a jumper.

If I lived in America I'd buy the Future Corpses of America T-shirt, though.  Somehow I don't think the joke would work as well in Australia.
There was a "future corpses of canada" version a while back that I snapped up.  The America one is a nicer design, though.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up