Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Wombles!  (Read 3963 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:33:13 pm »

Yes I'm early, goddamnit, but I'm pretty sure I have never started a birthday thread before. Wombles, as a member of the original 10 or so, I've got a soft spot in my heart for you*. You are dependable, always positive, and you don't go for the cheap laugh (which leaves more of them for me). I dearly hope someday to meet you! I hope your day brings you all the joy and pleasures that you richly deserve, and in lieu of a real one I am sending you virtual hugs. And thank you again for your even-handed moderation.


*Yes, and a hard spot in my #####. If I hadn't said it, you know damn well someone else would have.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »

Damn, reading Nabu's post made me feel like I was snooping in a personal birthday card. Anyway, Wombles...you're the best, I wish you a very happy birthday.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 03:55:45 am »

Go Womby!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 04:08:44 am »

Happy earlyday!

An earlyday is a lot like Birdie-the-Early-Bird in that it basically forces you to buy a Big Breakfast, no matter how much it would raise your unhealthy blood chemicals. Hotcakes and biscuit and sausage and scrambled eggs straight from Birdie's early-pu$$y!

A little unhealthy but oh-oh-so worth it.

Happy happy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 02:11:53 pm »

*Yes, and a hard spot in my ******. If I hadn't said it, you know damn well someone else would have.

If you hadn't said it it would have hurt my feelings!

The Technical Staff is making popovers for breakfast but I am seriously considering LFM's recommendation for tomorrow morning. My birthday cake plan didn't work out, so two birthday breakfasts seems only fair.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 03:27:27 pm »

If you hadn't said it it would have hurt my feelings!

The Technical Staff is making popovers for breakfast but I am seriously considering LFM's recommendation for tomorrow morning. My birthday cake plan didn't work out, so two birthday breakfasts seems only fair.

That's a stellar idea. The only way to top it is including cake with your breakfast. Maybe you can do that tomorrow.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 05:53:21 pm »

happy birthday! yayyy!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 05:57:09 pm »

Most sincere wishes for the happiest of birthdays, my dear.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 07:47:11 pm »

Yeah, what they said.  Enjoy it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:32:19 pm »

Happy Birthday Dear Wombat.

In honor of your birthday I listened to the mixdisc you gave me a couple of years ago.  I guess that's not really special as I've listened to it a bunch over the years, but this time I did it for you.

Thank you for being the best.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 09:15:44 pm »

I loved making that disc and I'd forgotten all about it. Thank you for reminding me. I am glad you liked it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 09:20:40 pm »

I always miss the exchanges.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 09:32:06 pm »

I'll send you one if you send me your address. The risk is that I might show up at your door with it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 09:35:05 pm »

I'll send you one if you send me your address. The reward is that I might show up at your door with it.



Tiny bit of copy-editing for accuracy there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday, Wombles!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:21:43 pm »

We should do another exchange!

Happy birthday, Wombat. May it be joyous.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up