Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles  (Read 5454 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 10:55:57 pm »

I'm just going to float a totally unsubstantiated bit of gossip here:

Chris Onstad is a Republican.

pass it on.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Ruddy Ruddy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:21 pm »

I sure hope nobody's mama sprays hot bloody fat on Ray.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:41 pm »

I'm just going to float a totally unsubstantiated bit of gossip here:

Chris Onstad is a Republican.

pass it on.

Well, if crotchety=republican, then I'm totally with ya on that one.

I sure hope nobody's mama sprays hot bloody fat on Ray.

Um, yeah. That would suck now, wouldn't it. (Am I missing something here?)
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 11:04:21 pm »

Um, yeah. That would suck now, wouldn't it. (Am I missing something here?)

Yes. Yes you are.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 11:05:27 pm »

Am I the only one who always assumed that Mayor C  = Chris as in Onstad?
My mind is bloooooown.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 11:12:52 pm »

Ahh, ok. I really need to go through some of the older stuff again, it's been awhile. Apologies to Ruddy.
Logged

Ruddy Ruddy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 11:28:45 pm »

For a minute, I thought Ray might have to turn Cunty the sardine's pond into an apartment for oblivious posters.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 12:10:58 am »

We will watch this strip's career with great interest. It could be the start of something grand, or just another gee-shucks-Ray-was-born-with-the-Midas-touch kind of thing that dies a slow death.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 02:31:05 pm »

I, for one, have yet to tire of Ray's Midas Touch.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 10:39:17 pm »

I sure hope nobody's mama sprays hot bloody fat on Ray.
Canned.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 06:32:58 pm »

I'm just going to float a totally unsubstantiated bit of gossip here:

Chris Onstad is a Republican.

pass it on.

Could be. Although people seem to think that Teodor is the most likely Onstad avatar and he was clearly pushing Philippe's campaign into more liberal territory.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 21, 2008 - Acting Mayor Smuckles
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 06:42:13 pm »

I'd reckon, only from comic-strip and blog inference, that Onstad is like a lot of artistic and computer technology-y types... very liberal in theory but significantly more moderate in practice.

I don't think a deeply-conservative guy could nail what is so annoying about Pat's extreme-lefty fascism without being a dude who is basically a lefty but is schooled in the ways that being too extreme about it don't work in practice.

You sort of have to be a member of a group to understand the differenciation within a group that perfectly.

Many of my more conservative friends would quickly sketch out the picture of "The Comedy Liberal Stereotype" as a wishy-washy spacey-wacey bleeding heart who doesn't want to offend a fly, let alone harm one.

I think you have to be of the tribe to understand the supreme stodginess of the exaggerated Naderite such as Pat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up