Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heath Ledger is dead!  (Read 6238 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 01:25:24 am »

Dude, there are already some supremely unright rough chuckles rolling around the internet about the guy's death and his most famous role being that of a gay fellow. They are pretty much unspeakably bad but suffice to say that they involve diseases that were once thought to have been only in the gay male population.

Yeah. There are a lot of people going around the internet trying to pass off their hatred of people as simple rough chuckles and it is pretty sad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 02:24:49 am »

Got to hand it to the guy, it takes some balls to mack on another guy for the camera. If that doesn't usually float your boat, that is.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:06 am »

Dude, there are already some supremely unright rough chuckles rolling around the internet about the guy's death and his most famous role being that of a gay fellow. They are pretty much unspeakably bad but suffice to say that they involve diseases that were once thought to have been only in the gay male population.

Yeah. There are a lot of people going around the internet trying to pass off their hatred of people as simple rough chuckles and it is pretty sad.

I just meant because the movie is sad.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 02:35:21 am »

Yeah, I know you did... that's what any sane person would mean.

The internet is defined by crazy people being the loudest here, I think.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 03:06:06 am »

Careful AW, you're stepping on Wombat's lines.

Nah. I was nowhere near coming up with such a clever way of mentioning that I barely had any idea who this guy is.

Although I do know who Mary Kate Olsen is. This seems wrong.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 03:14:52 am »

The Olsen connection keeps changing, now she just... lived nearby, in the same building. For all we know at this point, some dude just made it up outta rough chuckles at the beginning and it stuck with as serious.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 03:15:11 am »

Damn.

Our friend (drug addict, lesbian, schizophrenic) considers us like her surrogate parents (though she is 10 years older than us) and she says our couplehood is like the happy times in Brokeback Mountain and that I am the Heath Ledger character in this relationship.  It's sort of hard to explain, but I sort of got what she was getting at, in that there is a personal aesthetic of not needing much, of making due. It sort of helped me understand the role she needs me to fill in her life too.  It's odd that I'm sad, just a little bit.  I guess metaphorically a tiny little part of me died today. how odd.

Also a house across the street is on fire and it's -28 F out tonight.  The house is going down and the fighters are just keeping it from moving on the the other houses.  News crews are here, anchor ladies in pretty coats wait in idling cars for the right shot.   I don't know what to do but watch.  Strange days.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 05:16:07 am »

Also a house across the street is on fire and it's -28 F out tonight.  The house is going down and the fighters are just keeping it from moving on the the other houses.  News crews are here, anchor ladies in pretty coats wait in idling cars for the right shot. 
Joe Buck will probably show up, state that its -40F with the wind chill, and find a city in Siberia with a comparable situation.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 05:45:27 am »

One of my good friends from Small Times told me this today while we were watching the Avs lose to the damn Nashville (Sexual) Predators. I was dumbfounded. I ain't read Perez Hilton today so I guess I'm behind on the news.

He was a great actor, and I'm sad that Mr. Ledger is dead.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 06:53:28 am »

Joe Buck will probably show up, state that its -40F with the wind chill, and find a city in Siberia with a comparable situation.

Update 4 hours later and the firemen are still here.  I saw them run out of wherever they were, saw the whole roof go up.  Saw them slowly move back in, back out with another major gust that turned the whole roof orange and glowing.  The whole front second floor is a hole.  I'm willing to bet the street is a skating rink now.

On topic: I have been looking forward to the new Batman that Ledger played the Joker for.  It looks pretty descent - I like the angle they took on the Joker character with this one.  Seems interesting.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 07:06:27 am »

Really cold day winter fires make for interesting ice pictures the next day.

Just more proof that money can buy death but not happiness. It's unfortunate that so many really successful people have such demons. I'm so busy trying to gather the shards of my life into one pile so's I can make some lame attempt to fix it that even if I wanted to do drugs, I would have no time.

I did like some of his movies, and I did see a trailer for Dark Knight today, it looked pretty good but damn that "Ironman" movie looks like fun too.

I saw "I am Legend" today and due to the frail, raw state of my psyche, which is shredding between my family leaving for Ohio and my dad being diagnosed with brain cancer right around Christmas, parts of it made me profoundly sad which is odd for me.

I got minor depression but that don't stop the show.

Remember what all the video games said in the 90's: "WINNER'S DON'T USE DRUGS"
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 07:13:30 am »

Ooh, you gotta take pictures, smells.

AD, imaginary internet peoples are rootin' for ya. Don't hesitate drop in when you can. You been kinda scarce lately (understandably).
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger is dead!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 07:14:47 am »

Yeah AD, sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your (screen)name.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up