Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.  (Read 3085 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01232008

such a quotable strip. I can see the Ray-for-Prez storyline developing into something else even more ridiculous, or at least petering out in a comical fashion.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Before McCain sold out to the Bush junta, this strip was basically the argument for voting McCain.

Four years of a cranky old man cursing out the press corps.

Now that the dude went all Faust for the last grasp at ol' Brassy, we'd never get that but...

Oh man, once upon a time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

the grey suit. Would Ray wear a grey suit?

I don't know about you, but I don't know about Ray. Anymore, that is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile

Well, it is a black and white strip, so you could really imagine it to be any color that's not black or white. I'm thinkin' a classy brown thin-wale corduroy. Men who got things done sometimes wore these in the seventies. At least according to some old-school cop movies.

Also: Raymo Smookles for Prez merch? Huh? Please?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I could see him pulling off some sort of Miami-Vice pastel.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile

On second glance, his suit looks reminiscent of Hawaii Five-O. Raymond Smuckles: One Class Act.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

A-CAP is coming out in favor of a Smuckles candidacy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog

This is so excellent. A man with log legs and granite sack is a prime candidate for the presidency.

As for suit colors, perhaps some nice shade of green? It's 2:30 in the morning. I just want some dinner and money.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Nah it's grey, Ray knows what is expected of a candidate.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile

Ray understands the common people. I know eating some fuck*ng dinner and having some fuck*ng money are major goals for me right now. Unfortunately, I live in Canada so Ray probably can't help.  :-[
Logged

Ruddy Ruddy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:43:29 am »

I guess Todd doesn't stand a chance of getting on the ticket this time, since Ray's already dismissed him as a crap dude.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 23 Jan 2008 - I'll let you know what I did AFTER I'm done runnin' America.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 01:06:18 pm »

Ray understands the common people. I know eating some fuck*ng dinner and having some fuck*ng money are major goals for me right now.

I hear that. Both of those are major goals in this household as well. Also cat food for the felines.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up