Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Picture Thread  (Read 9178 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Random Picture Thread
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:02 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:38:42 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:50 am »

Tomorrow: Chicken.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:41:06 am »

Here's the current state of the Fairbanks Ice Tower sculpture


Here's some guy who likes home brewing way too much


Some jerk driving irresponsibly and wasting our irreplaceable resources for the amusement of savages.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:45:47 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:16:14 am »

I am the proud owner of what is probably the world's most popular picture of a taco.


I like Warner Brothers cartoons.


Our zoo has pandas.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 04:49:06 am »

A cute fluffy puppy, which I hope to have someday:




A dog that belonged to my dad and stepmom that I loved a lot. He was put down in Dec. 2007 due to severe glaucoma and mobility problems.




One of my favorite photos that I took in Alaska:




Four incredibly gorgeous redheaded sisters:




What I wish I looked like (Penelope Cruz)




Tinned squid at the grocery store in AK:




A tasty snack:
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:55:35 am »

If any of those girls are looking for someone to procreate or simulate procreation with, Im here.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:56 am »

Hey, I have a white fluffy dog but it weighs 135 lbs.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:10:24 pm »

Why did someone take a picture of that woman sitting on the toilet?

And don't get me started on pandas.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 03:17:54 pm »

Quote from: wombat
Why did someone take a picture of that woman sitting on the toilet?

When you remember that she's spent time as Tom Cruise's beard, it all makes poetic metaphoric sense.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 03:46:25 pm »

When you remember that she's spent time as Tom Cruise's beard, it all makes poetic metaphoric sense.
She looks exhausted from purging to me.  Perhaps from the memories.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 03:51:36 pm »

because men want to think that when beautiful women go into the bathroom, all they do is close the top of the toilet and sit on it looking sexy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 05:04:40 pm »

because men want to think that when beautiful women go into the bathroom, all they do is close the top of the toilet and sit on it looking sexy.
I heard that they poop miniature unicorns that grow up to be fairies.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 07:51:21 pm »

And don't get me started on pandas.
What have you got against pandas?  They're the animal equivalent of sunsets - there's no such thing as a bad picture of one.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 08:12:07 pm »

Pandas at the zoo are like the football team when I used to work at a university. They get all the attention and all the money, and theoretically it's supposed to trickle down but it never seems like it does.

Did you know that scientists predict that 1/3 to 1/2 of all amphibian species are in danger of extinction? Do you have any idea how many frog species we could save through captive breeding with the money being paid to keep those pandas at National Zoo? Did you know it's The Year of the Frog? Go give money!

It's true though about pictures of pandas. It's hard to know how they developed such an astonishing survival mechanism, but it's obviously helping them because if they didn't look so cute in pictures they'd probably be extinct by now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Picture Thread
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

I'm going to ask this in a neutral tone, I really want some response on this question: What is the gain in preserving various animals through captive breeding programs and such? What is potentially being preserved here other than a species? What benefit is there?
Because humans always know whats best for the environment and everything in it. This is always the case, even when it violates the things in nature that have been working for millenia.

Also, they are cute. There is no movement to save ugly things from extinction. Ticks could go extinct tomorrow and I dont think anyone would mind.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up