Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)  (Read 10599 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:58:46 pm »

it worries me that I can typically play the solos and stuff, but have problems with playing chords with a regular rhythm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:37 pm »

Blazing guitar solos punctuated by really simple chord progressions -- sounds like Dinosaur Jr!

(I kid, I kid)

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 12:01:54 am »

i mean, yeah. that is what they are like. that is why they are awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 02:18:41 am »

Is that a default name the game assigns?  Because otherwise it sounds like a name the R&D department gives an investigational drug before the Marketing folks get involved.

Heheh... if you read the numbers as letters, r0513 spells Somebody nice. It's my Halo gamertag too, although I've never played on Xbox live.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 03:48:54 am »

Quote
Blazing guitar solos punctuated by really simple chord progressions -- sounds like Dinosaur Jr!

(I kid, I kid)

This reminds me-- how much does the guitar solo in Keep on Rockin' in the Free World sound like Dinosaur Jr? Good lord. I know that J Mascis loved Neil Young, but does he have a lot of other songs this rockin? I really need to listen to him a lot more. I got After the Goldrush from my friend, what else should I be on the lookout for?

I want to be able to play my dang guitar like ol' neil. at this point, I am OK with never being Jimi Hendrix.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 02:28:18 pm »

All of it.

I have been listening to a lot of the non-hip Neil Young recently and it is all good.  Seriously.  I still don't like his protest album, but besides that.  My favorite is On the Beach, though it doesn't rock too much.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 03:29:27 pm »

dang, there are too many bands that have like 7 albums I haven't heard, much less guys who have put out 20 or so on their own...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 03:01:53 am »

I played the drums for the first time. It is SO FUN. I love playing the drums, except I wish the drumset had 2 bass drum pedals because having only one bugs me.

Well, playing is hella fun until Kellichou starts yelling at us that we're ignoring her and playing too much xbox. She doesn't like video games. I will have to convince her to start singing, because it's easier. Maybe then she won't mind playing Rock Band for ten hours at a stretch? I don't want to neglect her while I'm at her house, but damn is that game like crack. Totally addictive.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:47 am »

I saw Cirque du Soleil yesterday. One particular musical interlude had this guy coming out on stage to solo on a massive drumset. He was pounding those double bass pedals like the world was gonna end.

All I could think of is how my one foot gets too tired to finish half the songs in Rock Band on hard difficulty. This man was using both legs, non stop, for like six straight minutes. I would very much like to see how he handles "Run to the Hills" on expert.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »

Sweet holy balls, now I might have to risk eviction by picking up Rock Band: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/17382

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 01:20:22 am »

I swear I start reading the first few posts of message board threads these days and just start to glaze over. 

I loves me some Rock Band, and I'm interested in what you people have to say, but I have pretty long and hectic work days and reading more onscreen when I get home is just FAIL.

I really do miss you.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 02:13:56 am »

I swear I start reading the first few posts of message board threads these days and just start to glaze over. 

I loves me some Rock Band, and I'm interested in what you people have to say, but I have pretty long and hectic work days and reading more onscreen when I get home is just FAIL.

I really do miss you.


Yeah whatever, NOOB.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 02:42:34 am »

See, I knew this whole deal with Jough moving to Chicago was a bad idea.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 12:53:06 am »

Let's play a game! It's called "How long after purchasing Rock Band did melack receive a noise complaint from his batty downstairs neighbor?"

Was it...

A) 1 hour
B) 2-4 hours, or
C) 5-12 hours?

If you guessed A, you're correct! Now I'm forced to retire the drums until I can come up with a suitable sound-proofing modification. In the mean time I'm playing the guitar with headphones on. Still fun, but kind of defeats the purpose since I have two actual guitars not ten feet away. I really wanted to pretend drum.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:32 am »

dang.

I am at the point where I can play some songs on Hard on guitar, and this is weirdly satisfying to me.

how can My Sharona be so hard to play? goddamn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up