Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)  (Read 10613 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 01:04:01 am »

I was all set on not buying Rock Band, but between "El Scorcho" coming out this week and Target putting it on sale for 20 bucks cheaper, I just plain caved. I hear this mod works pretty well, though: http://generationgamerz.com/v2/insight/time-for-rock-band-arts-crafts.php

If not... well, I've been meaning to find another place anyways. May as well burn my bridges in a blaze of glory!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 01:07:28 am »

The drums are loud but not *that* loud.  Fuck your neighbour.  You have every right to play fake drums.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 01:14:56 am »

My friend Mark at whose place I rock-band, basically if the drums are going past the tick of 9PM, people start banging on multiple walls. The world is essentially full of some very uncool people
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 01:34:18 am »

I guess I can understand if it was a time factor, but this was around 3pm on a Sunday. This lady needs to get a grip.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 03:23:48 am »

We generally have a 9:30pm rule on the weekdays, and maybe 11pm on a Friday or Saturday night.

Of course, my place is build like a concrete bunker, so the only time you hear your neighbours is when you're standing in the hall.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 05:48:25 am »

My place was built in the 1930s, so I imagine they were cutting corners at every turn. Hence the cardboard walls (and floors).

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 06:06:37 am »

I can hear every goddamn thing within our suite, but not really much from outside. The other day it sounded like there were 20 black chicks screaming at each other 5 feet from my head... maybe the people above us? I had never even been able to hear them talking before, and suddenly it was like they were RIGHT THERE. And throwing things, and screaming, and then laughing hysterically.

My roommate has a girlfriend who I hate, whose voice I hate... and all I can hear all night is her giggling. Earlier tonight I was reading, and I swear to god all I could hear for an hour was her laughing, and then him laughing. No talking, just laughing. Is his dick hilarious? I cannot figure their deal out. She sleeps here almost every night because she shares her room (real roommate, instead of Suite-mate) and so he can't sleep over there. I am OK with this, really, it's just that I can't tune noises out very well.

well. At least I've never heard sexy noises (except maybe one muffled moan once).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12:27 am »

'Nev, as your doctor I recommend three joints of marijuana and a Neil Young album on headphones, to be taken whenever you need to screen out such noises. If problems persist, take one more joint of marijuana with an episode of Conan O'Brien.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 06:23:34 am »

my roommates would, like...
if they thought I did drugs, I think they would get me kicked out "for my own good" or something. They all Hate on pot in a way only people who have never been around it can. One time a girl we know said that her boyfriend smoked pot, and they all told her that she shouldn't hang around with people like that, and talked about how it would ruin her life if she started smoking.

The other day I made a comment that maybe I'd tried it, or would try it, and they all tried really hard not to look like they thought I was going to end up dead in a ditch. it was almost funny?

Neil Young, though, wow. Lately I am digging on him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 06:47:56 am »

Inev, between this and the no sex thing with the people from your college you talked about in the other thread I am forced to conclude that your college is the place where people go because they get kicked out of Brigham Young for being too uptight.
Your college (or at least your dorm) is in major need of an 80s-style college party movie is basically what I am trying to communicate here.

Sorry to anyone from BYU, it is the only example of an american college with uptight rules that I am aware of.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 06:52:52 am »

yeah, for real. Me and my friends often talk about the need to Sex and Drug up this campus. You know, because despite the fact we are not getting laid or doing drugs, it is not for lack of trying (well, maybe on the drug front it is).

I mean, also, my roommates are really nice, hardworking Chemical Engineering majors. There are guys on the floor who smoke pot, at least. And get laid occasionally.

I was exaggerating about the Kicked out for my Own Good thing. But they would try to convince me that I was making a Huge Mistake that would ruin my life, I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 06:59:29 am »

Chemical engineering students do tend to be rather tense in my experience. Much less easy going than other engies I've encountered. I can't really blame them.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 03:57:15 pm »

To-ga! To-ga! To-ga!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 09:58:50 pm »

yeah, for real. Me and my friends often talk about the need to Sex and Drug up this campus. You know, because despite the fact we are not getting laid or doing drugs, it is not for lack of trying (well, maybe on the drug front it is).

I mean, also, my roommates are really nice, hardworking Chemical Engineering majors. There are guys on the floor who smoke pot, at least. And get laid occasionally.

I was exaggerating about the Kicked out for my Own Good thing. But they would try to convince me that I was making a Huge Mistake that would ruin my life, I think.

Holy crap there were plenty of drugs around back in my day!  WOOT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Rock Band thread (Xbox 360 game)
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 08:57:06 am »

3 dollar Office Max penis pads, cut into circles, glued onto the drum heads. This seems to work pretty well so far.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up