Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People  (Read 2300 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
« on: February 02, 2008, 12:39:05 am »

The subject line says it all.  This guy goes into communities of people on "the fringe" and interviews them to see what makes them tick.  Neo-nazis, black supremacists, sex workers, etc.  Links to videos from BoingBoing.  Very cool; the link below is safe for work but the videos themselves may not be.  (I haven't previewed them all.) 

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/01/louis-therouxs-weird.html

This guy is nuts.  I'm fifteen minutes into the Survivalist video and I'd have bailed on these whackjobs a long time ago. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:56:48 am »

I have seen all of his Weird Weekend mini-docs and I love them. He has a great way of getting into a subject's comfort zone and then slowly confronting them. Except for the black supremacist episode, I think he was peeing his ****** at some points; Like when they locked him in the room with the that tribunal and forced him to admit that all of the great leaders in the history of europe were actually black.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 03:08:59 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 03:03:28 am »

I'm freeeeeee, I'm freeeeeeee!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 07:54:12 pm »

I mean, a-cap, I think you'll find, if you get to know their theories, that black supremacy actually makes a lot of sense. I learned about it in my African-American studies class last year, and I am pretty convinced.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 08:17:26 pm »

I mean, a-cap, I think you'll find, if you get to know their theories, that black supremacy actually makes a lot of sense. I learned about it in my African-American studies class last year, and I am pretty convinced.
Yikes. Have you like, ever seen their portraits? They seem pretty white to me.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Louis Theroux: Like the Crocodile Hunter, but with Crazy People
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 08:28:16 pm »

oh, no, I was pulling your leg because of that stuff you said about how college brainwashes people. I guess I didn't do a very good job.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up