Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friends of Achewood...  (Read 2940 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Friends of Achewood...
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:10:46 am »

E-MAIL FROM ONSTAD, NOT ME LOSING MY MIND-

"Dear Friends of Achewood,
 
Instead of the usual banter about saying hi, I wanted to hit you with some cold, hard facts that may surprise you. Did you know that 1 "knot" is equal to 1.15MPH? It's rare to know this, so admit it: you were surprised, in a way, even if you didn't gasp. Also, 1 English "stone" equals 14 lbs. Gotcha again.
 
In other news, we're having a busy little winter. Ray almost ran for President, and Nice Pete has started work on his third novella, A Marvelous Romance, due out this spring. Oh, and we're in the final stages of signing a contract to have THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT printed by a major publisher. Ninety-six pages, hardcover, with loads of new material. Details as they become official.   
 
As ever, my family and I thank you for your readership and support. --CTO et al."

GOF book - Coming to our bookshelves soon.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 03:20:50 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 03:16:23 am »

So I didn't get that this was a mailing at first. I thought it was just A-CAP saying what was on his mind. Very confusing.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:56:09 pm »

I like to think that 'CTO' stands for 'Chris The Onstad.'
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 07:13:55 pm »

my friend's roommate has the initial ACK. I have always enjoyed seeing that on the back of her backpack. I wonder if the middle name is Cathy?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:12:25 pm »

my friend's roommate has the initial ACK. I have always enjoyed seeing that on the back of her backpack. I wonder if the middle name is Cathy?

Even weirder, Anarcho's e-mail has the initials "CMY", which are my brother's initials! THIS IS GETTING KIND OF FUCKIN' SCARY, G!!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:16:38 am »

I like to think that 'CTO' stands for 'Chris The Onstad.'

QFT and canned.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 03:37:42 pm »

I think it's validation of Teodor being Onstad's alter ego:

Christopher Theodore Onstad (or 'The' for short)
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 01:32:32 am »

Hey Bro, when am I getting in on this internet comic money?

Soon as there is some, home griddle!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:23:37 am »

So wait, is Archaic-capitalist Onstad's new handle?

Go shill your wares somewhere else, WHORE.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 05:09:22 pm »

So wait, is Archaic-capitalist Onstad's new handle?

Go shill your wares somewhere else, WHORE.

Nice to see that the time away hasn't dulled your edge, Jough.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Friends of Achewood...
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:57:43 am »

They call me "fitty demp" at work because I'm so hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up