Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fun with garfield books and scanners  (Read 2711 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
fun with garfield books and scanners
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:45:59 pm »

Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:28:42 pm »

Bobby I, bringing it strong.  Have a can.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 09:34:56 pm »

It is as though we are in DUNE and we have been given worm-sign.

Except that we are actually talking about meme-sign.

WE'VE GOT MEME-SIGN!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:44:15 am »

I have a scanner.

Do I have the twenty-odd Garfield books I got between ages five and twelve?  I may yet.

I may, yet.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:51:02 am »

You will not find more fun with Garfield than this: http://www.lasagnacat2.com/
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 05:55:15 am »

We've already gotten wind of Lasagnacat around here?

However, thank you again. Good Lord do I love some Lasagnacat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:00:32 am »

we have and it is amazing.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:38:08 pm »

The "Party/Fold Laundry" + Right Now video haunts me.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:57:25 am »

I like the actually entertaining stuff on YouTube, like Radiohead doing a Smiths cover.  Pure bliss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnGESlRNXk

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Garfield minus the Garfield
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 06:38:09 pm »

http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/archive
It really is a better comic without the cat.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: fun with garfield books and scanners
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 02:25:12 pm »

In this way, Garfield may be the best comic strip ever. Has any other newspaper comic spawned off so many derivative works? I would think not.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up