Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evil Empire Deafeated!  (Read 3045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Evil Empire Deafeated!
« on: February 04, 2008, 03:16:16 am »

Hooray!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 03:17:33 am »

ohhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Great... twenty more years of Mercury Morris saying "They ain't shit! They ain't shit!"
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 03:34:27 am »

Oh yeah, that is definitely the flipside to this.

Those '72 Dolphins still jawin' until... until they're basically dead.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 03:38:02 am »

Not. Perfect. Cheaters.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 04:51:56 am »

Ha ha ha ha ha.  I found myself rooting for the Giants, and it was further driven home when Brady yelled at Welker for "misrunning a route" (though it just looked like a shitty pass to me).  And I was reminded WHAT A TREMENDOUS TOOL he's been this year.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:34:38 am »

I'm ecstatic that the Patriots lost.  I'm not thrilled that the Giants were the ones to do it, but I'll take whoever I can get.

-500,000 points to the company that runs an ad featuring the Manning brothers and the "Anything you can do I can do better" song.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 01:57:27 pm »

I kind of wanted them to go undefeated just so people could finally stop talking about the Dolphins. But apparently a lot of people don't like the New England coach and are glad he lost?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 03:08:22 pm »

But apparently a lot of people don't like the New England coach and are glad he lost?

Yes.
1.  Accusations of running up the score in games earlier this season.
2.  Accusations of videotaping other teams' sideline signals and practices, which is illegal.
3.  Wears really dopey looking sweatshirts on the sideline.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 03:24:37 pm »

Yes.
1.  Accusations of running up the score in games earlier this season.
2.  Accusations of videotaping other teams' sideline signals and practices, which is illegal.
3.  Wears really dopey looking sweatshirts on the sideline.

1. Is there some legitimate game-theory reason that this is bad or is just considered poor sportsmanship? I never played football but I did wrestle for four years and we were encouraged to win in the most dominant fashion possible. And frequently told it's only cheating if you get caught, and even then you can always claim you didn't realize that your forearm was on the other guy's trachea.

2. How is this illegal? Fox is always showing the sidelines, that's why the coaches hold clipboard in front of their mouths when the talk. Are teams not allowed to watching video of their own games?

3. That sounds pretty bad. But at least it's better than the stupid things that basketball coaches and baseball managers have to wear.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 03:27:02 pm »


Quote
1.  Accusations of running up the score in games earlier this season.

this has always bugged me. I only catch sports games when my brother/dad/roommates are watching ESPN, and that limited knowledge tells me that it is extremely common for teams to suddenly come back from 20 points down.

But seriously, though, I constantly hear my roommates saying "stop running up the goddamn score!" when one team is, say, 10 points ahead? what the heck?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 04:32:27 pm »

I watched the ending and thought it was pretty crass that The Brain went to the locker room before the required last kneel down. This mornings paper mentioned that Brady was off the field as well. That is a low thing, geez have some dignity. If anything, the flak for that Hunt's Move is appropriate.

I have seen a couple columns echoing this, as I predicted there would be when the last second played out the way it did.  I beg to differ, and I think folks are just taking the opportunity to kick Belicheck when he's down.  He crossed the field and shook hands with Coughlin.  What more do you want from him?  Why, exactly, should he have stayed?  Shit, I don't know why they didn't just run out the clock and call it over, instead of clearing the field just so Eli could take a knee.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 04:46:45 pm »

Why, exactly, should he have stayed? 

Because the game wasn't over and his team was still on the field.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Evil Empire Deafeated!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 07:45:31 pm »

If you want to see why it's great why the Pats lost, this is a good primer.

That said, I don't blame Belichick for leaving the field early. That was a really confusing moment and it looked like the game was already over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up