Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Poll

Uh, the same:

Did vote-Clinton
Did vote-Obama
Did vote-McCain
Did vote-Romney
Did vote-other
Didn't vote-Clinton
Didn't vote-Obama
Didn't vote-McCain
Didn't vote-Romney
Didn't vote-other

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?  (Read 11127 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:59:54 am »

If you haven't had primaries yet, but will vote, go did vote.  (You can change your vote)

We already have a political thread, so just say what you did if you want to out yourself.  I voted for Obama.  Lets see who would be touamb's president.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 02:02:32 am »

I voted Paul
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:03:30 am »

Yeah, I would have gone Kucinich if he was still in, but I just could not do it since he is already out. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 02:10:55 am »

So, I am unaffiliated and therefore can't vote in primaries, but if I could, I'd vote Obama or McCain.  I put Obama here because in a race between the two I am leaning slightly more towards the O.
 
For now. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 02:41:19 am »

Senator Clinton. She has the most overlap of "things I believe" and "getting the job done".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 02:52:24 am »

I can't vote but I would have gone Obama. Sometimes the nation just needs to chill for a bit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 05:01:40 am »

I voted McCain.  I now have another reason to live in fear of Ash.
Actually, it was a bit of a nose pincher for me on that topic.  Most people - since I live in gun-grabby CA - think I'm a major gun-nut.  Even though I've just got a 112-year old bolt-action rifle, which (along with shotguns) will probably be the last thing the government confiscates for our own good, I'm an original-intent constitutionalist on the 2nd Amendment.  I think the man's pragmatism and record on other things I find important outweigh the philosophical problem I have with him on that point.
If I was a single issue voter on the 2nd Amendment, I would have gone with Huckabee.  That guy had some serious stones standing up to the media frenzy following the Jonesboro school shootings.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 05:35:44 am »

I plan to vote for Barack Obama when we have our primary in NC on MAY 6TH. Which is ridiculous.

My dad always says "the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get a new result." Or something to that effect. To me, Senator Clinton seems like more of the same.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 01:16:30 pm »


I don't know who to vote for. I hate voting. I never feel like I know the right answers.

I'd be more enthusiastic about the process though if I could vote at this place instead of a library basement.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:07:49 pm »

I plan to vote for Barack Obama when we have our primary in NC on MAY 6TH. Which is ridiculous.

Make sure you slip a dollar in the ballot to help him decide to win.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 02:52:25 pm »

You know, I was looking at the returns last night, and if this keeps up, the May 6 primary here in NC might actually be relevant. 

I might have to pick a party and go vote, after all. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 03:17:45 pm »

The Virginia primary is this coming Tuesday.  Apparently people in Virginia were calling their local election boards yesterday asking why the polls weren't open.

Obama's web site annoys me.  It's all oriented towards getting people involved, volunteering, etc., which is all well and good.  But for the life of me I can't find a schedule of appearances by the candidate himself, not without wading through every single primary-night returns party posted by everyone in Virginia.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 05:30:40 pm »

I'd be more enthusiastic about the process though if I could vote at this place instead of a library basement.
I always find it disturbing to see anthropomorphised food items preparing themselves enthusiastically to be eaten.  Like Tony Roma's pig mascot joyfully leaping into the oven.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 06:42:49 pm »

The Virginia primary is this coming Tuesday.  Apparently people in Virginia were calling their local election boards yesterday asking why the polls weren't open.

We talked about this. Or at least I did. But I can't blame you if you're not reading that thread.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:30:32 pm »

I'm registered as an independent here in CA, but we don't have closed primaries so I could have voted for any party I wanted.

I think there's a time limit on changing party registration, though... one month before the election?  So it may require speed to do so before NC has their elections.

Also, my polling place is in some guy's garage.  Pretty nice house, though.  Much better than the church where I went to vote in Florida.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up