Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Poll

Uh, the same:

Did vote-Clinton
Did vote-Obama
Did vote-McCain
Did vote-Romney
Did vote-other
Didn't vote-Clinton
Didn't vote-Obama
Didn't vote-McCain
Didn't vote-Romney
Didn't vote-other

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?  (Read 11115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 11:07:25 pm »

Good old California, I don't reload with the garage door open since a neighbor called the police on me as some kind of bomb making terrorist. Had nice talk with the police that day, lucky a couple of them reloaded as well and instantly recognized what I was up to and called off the alert. It's amazing what problems the irrational fears and prejudices of others can cause a guy.

Good thing it wasn't a lightbrite.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 11:49:39 pm »

You know, I was looking at the returns last night, and if this keeps up, the May 6 primary here in NC might actually be relevant. 

I might have to pick a party and go vote, after all. 

Wait, if you're independent in NC, you can't vote in the primaries? Shit.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 12:22:30 am »

I'm registered as an independent here in CA, but we don't have closed primaries so I could have voted for any party I wanted.
Depends who you want to vote for in the primaries.  If you're actually registered unaffiliated or "Declines to State", you can vote in Democratic or American Independent party races, but not others (Republican, Peace & Freedom, Natural Law, etc).  The Open Primary Initiative, Prop 198 from 1996 was overturned by the Supreme Court in 2000.  We now have a "modified closed primary" system where if the party specifically requests to allow "Decline to State" voters, then you are permitted.
On the other hand, if you've mistakenly registered with the American Independent Party, you're only allowed to vote for their primary candidates - a race which featured Don Grundmann outlasting challengers Diane Templin and Mad Max Riekse with 37% of the 38,729 votes.  Grundmann can now go forth and promote the Party platform consisting of:

  • Protect the right to life of the innocent unborn;
  • Stop the undeclared wars which are daily costing American lives and billions of tax dollars;
  • Stop reckless spending, including foreign aid, and take care of America’s domestic needs;
  • End debt financing of both Federal and State governments;
  • End the Federal income tax, and restore a tariff based revenue system;
  • Immediately terminate international trade agreements such as NAFTA, WTO, and the proposed FTAA;
  • Reduce immigration, and stop all government subsidies to illegal aliens; no driver’s licenses for illegals; deport all illegal aliens;
  • Defend America’s moral values; keep God in the pledge of allegiance;
  • Restore a debt free, interest free money system;
  • Uphold traditional marriage and family values;

Which is dandy if that's what you meant to do...some people think it just means you get to vote in whatever party you want.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:39:10 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 01:29:50 am »

Protect the right to life of the innocent unborn

We still sending those guilty unborn up to state for 15 to 20 though, right?
Gol-durn 'bangers getting younger every year.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 09:18:22 pm »

Wait, if you're independent in NC, you can't vote in the primaries? Shit.

You can, but only for one party.  If you vote in a democratic primary, for instance, you can't vote in a republican run-off.  I'm not sure of the procedure, though.  I guess if you show up at your polling place, someone will help you figure it out?  I've never done it (like I said, the NC primary is so late it's never mattered before) but this is the only link I can find with any information. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 03:32:08 am »

I voted Obama because the man quite frankly inspires me.  He is a great orator of our time and a very smart man who I believe will help get this country right again and make the rest of the world hate us maybe slightly less.

Fuck Hillary with a stone dick.  If she were choking on a chicken bone I'd pretend my phone was ringing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 04:46:13 am »

I voted Obama because the man quite frankly inspires me.  He is a great orator of our time and a very smart man who I believe will help get this country right again and make the rest of the world hate us maybe slightly less.

Fuck Hillary with a stone dick.  If she were choking on a chicken bone I'd pretend my phone was ringing.

Just for the newbies who are reading through the archives:
This here is how you do a return after not posting for a month.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 02:31:45 pm »

My current position is that I will vote for the candidate who adopts this campaign slogan
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15:42 pm »

I voted Paul

If nominated I will not accept, if elected I will not serve.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 06:22:43 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 12:17:29 am »

As usual Paul, there are just never enough goddamn cans.
That is so awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:39 am »

I sent this picture to a friend and she said (of Obama) "With that much enthusiasm, he's going to win, isn't he?"

I am beginning to think this is true. Do we have any evidence that McCain or Hillary can make large men float in the air? I think not.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 02:53:15 am »

I really honestly think that there's an element of... the conservative media propping Obama up because they believe that, in the harsh light of day on a secret vote, most of America just ain't gonna be able to vote for a black guy, no matter what he stands for or sounds like.

And... I don't know if they're wrong, y'know.

I hate saying this because, while I like Clinton more, he'd certainly be a better president than McCain by like a million but... I honestly think that there's a lot of people out there banking on squeaking McCain in there because people are a lot more racist when they don't have to answer for it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 03:28:04 am »

I sent this picture to a friend and she said (of Obama) "With that much enthusiasm, he's going to win, isn't he?"

I am beginning to think this is true. Do we have any evidence that McCain or Hillary can make large men float in the air? I think not.

As much as I'd like to hope so, I think the internet can distort the popularity of a given thing.
See also:
Snakes on a Plane,
Serenity,
Ron Paul.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Did you vote? Who did you vote for/want to win?
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2008, 04:24:20 am »

I would also add to this list:

Masturbating to pictures of childhood cartoon characters with realistic genitals.
Dressing up like a sports mascot and fuck*ng people in similar mascot suits at conventions.
Putting on a rubber suit that makes you look like a gross parody of a Japanese lady.

The internet would make you believe that these are everyday hobbies of Joe and Jane Normalson.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up