Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jough?  (Read 4667 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Jough?
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:59:52 am »

Has anyone talked to Jough in the last month or so? The Achewiki has been down for months with a database error, and when I went to give to the tipjar, a paypal error said he is not currently able to accept payments... ¿Que?

"Last Active:   January 08, 2008, 10:50:44 PM"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 02:38:21 pm »

No, but I bet if you PM or email him about the Paypal thing that'll get his attention.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Jough?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 05:20:17 am »

Apparently Jough's time has been consumed by singing Pixies songs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jough/2227185205/

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Jough?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:41:04 am »

Has anyone talked to Jough in the last month or so? The Achewiki has been down for months with a database error, and when I went to give to the tipjar, a paypal error said he is not currently able to accept payments... ¿Que?

"Last Active:   January 08, 2008, 10:50:44 PM"

You can always tip me, Anarcho.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:23:52 am »

All is quiet across the desert hardpan as the sun slowly sets. The wind gently moans, raising little curlicues of dust. As the sun sinks into the horizon, a coyote yips and gets no answer. The townsfolk hunch a little closer to their fireplaces and ask,

"Where is the lawman?"
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 03:54:12 pm »

This thread makes me realize that in most cases, if something really awful and sudden happened to one of us, the rest of us would never know. 

I used to have Jough's phone number but that was before he moved. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:21:05 pm »

This thread makes me realize that in most cases, if something really awful and sudden happened to one of us, the rest of us would never know. 

I used to have Jough's phone number but that was before he moved. 

The message board I used to post on back in high school created a Dead Man's List after one of the regulars disappeared for several months with what turned out to be a serious head injury. Nothing ever came of the list other than the occasional birthday phone call or drunk-dial.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Jough?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:27:56 pm »

If I ever get around to writing a will, I will include instructions to post news of my demise to the blog.  It'll get to all my imaginary Interweb friends from there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 06:02:52 pm »

I think that somewhere I have Jough's phone number in Chicago if anyone really wants it actually. But I'll bet the best way to contact him these days is to post comments on his Flickr pictures.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jough?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 06:06:45 pm »

he has been active on Facebook lately, so he is not, you know, physically or technically incapacitated.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:29:36 pm »

Well, if he's on Facebook, there's got to be something going on.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Jough?
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:18:51 am »

Sorry, I've been really busy with The World and have had some Problems but otherwise I guess I'm okay.

It's true I haven't been here much since I moved to Chicago 15 months ago, but yes, I'm still vaguely online sorta.

I am starting to also use twitter for its intended purpose and not some kind of weird meta game.

I'll get back to anyone who PMed me.  I should set this thing up so it emails me or something when I get a PM.

Also, I'll fix that database issue and get the Wiki back up, although it was a spam-crap magnet the last I looked.

Also, PayPal and I are no longer speaking, but please see my wishlist to pay tribute.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 01:51:31 am »

I thought it emailed you automatically when you had a PM. It emails me, anyway. Maybe it likes me better. Because I, like, come around and visit every day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 03:15:56 am »

If I ever get around to writing a will, I will include instructions to post news of my demise to the blog.  It'll get to all my imaginary Interweb friends from there.

I've been talking about this for a long time.  You should have a folder on your desktop that says read me in case of death.  Leave instructions to your survivors as who to notify on the internet should you pass away.  If I died I'm sure you would want to know about it.

Hey, what's with all the crickets?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Jough?
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 03:21:01 am »

Paul if you died I think Flickr would let everyone know when their page views suddenly halved.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up