Where did he say this? Quote him.
OK, time to take two steps back. This is how is starts!!
For the record: that Government which governs best, governs least.
There is a place for government as a safety net, but those of us with the wherewithal to obtain health care through our own agency independent of the government should still be allowed the degree of choice and quality we now enjoy. It's not all luck that makes this possible for us. To raise our taxes to a great degree, and then rewarding us with no choice or quality of care would be as criminal an act as the utter neglect of people without these options. Just as basic education is a right, so should basic health care be - but it's important to distinguish what 'basic' health care is.
As for the question of whether anyone is satisfied with their current health care...I am. Very satisfied, and I also enjoy excellent vision and dental coverage as well.
I don't think we can relegate health care to Individual states - most states would not be able to afford it, and you would have people moving to states specifically for the health care. This will drive costs for the program up; in most cases the people that would be attracted would not contribute to the payment for the program significantly. Such programs usually collapse under their own weight in short order or are forced to reduce offerings or adopt and enforce restrictions.
Besides Asherdan and Spider-MiltonFriedman, does anyone here have a reason to be happy with America as it is right now? Which candidate do you think is most likely to continue or increase your happiness?
I think my number one issue is to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. I think a lot of other things, including some major foreign policy items, would be to some degree affected or solved if we could declare energy independence. So energy policy is huge, and the economy is huge right now as well. I don't think the next president is going to solve these problems, or really, any of the others discussed in this thread, though, unless the congress, courts, and the executive branch all work together.
And I don't think that is going to happen.