I was merely saying what I thought the topic of conversation was, I think was pretty clear here:
Ideally they could be instrumental in getting us to that next stage since they have more money and expertise than anyone else in the energy sector but I'd settle for them not tearing down the people they choose to see as their opponents too.
that I don't think it is their responsibility but it would be productive (and probably profitable) for them to do so. In any case it is certainly irresponsible and immoral of them to interfere with research that is a threat to their business.
The only reason I brought it up at all is that I'm not quite sure what you're arguing anymore. Concerns were brought up about corporations conspiring to create artificially high prices, you said:
Do you actually believe a company wouldn't lower their prices to gain a greater market share than the other guy if they could?
Youre telling me you actually believe that one company is giving up billions in potential profit just to keep up some conspiracy to gauge the consumer?
But when we bring up the RIAA and OPEC they somehow don't count? Like I said earlier, I know you have an ideal of how capitalism should work but you have to accept that (at current at least) it stops acting in an ideal manner as soon as these big companies realise they have the power to ensure their profits using marketing and political influence rather than by providing value to their customers.