Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Valentines Day!  (Read 2862 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Happy Valentines Day!
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:56:20 am »

Happy Valentine's Day!
May your chocolate consumption rise and sexual urges be satisfied!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:03:52 am »

I am not sure who should be my valentine. Mostly because I am worried that asking someone to do something with you on Valentine's day comes across a little too "hey, um, I'm in love with you, date me."
I am supposed to go see my friends in Vag-Mons, and I am pretty sure I will not enjoy it. I am kind of worried I will blurt something inappropriate out.

please listen to the Outkast song "Happy Valentine's Day" and feel good about this holiday. Also, realize how fantastic that moment is when the beat stops and there's the sound of a record being spun backwards by hand (I do not know what this is called) and he starts rapping instead of semi-singing. That is, I think, the thing I heard that made me realize that I liked Hip Hop sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:33:22 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 01:56:59 pm »

I've always considered this more of an 'occasion' than a holiday.

A good excuse to spend too much on a dinner, and eat too much of it besides. To be extravagant over gestures like flowers, hand-holding, expressions of love.

These are all things I would do every day.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 03:15:05 pm »

My SO's birthday is on 2/11 so this is always a bit of a challenge. I need to get her two things really close together. Usually she says not to get her anything for Valentine's day because she can't think of anything for me. She's terrible at picking up hints. Frankly I'd be fine with her buying sexy underthings for herself as my present every year.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 03:40:04 pm »

Well unfortunately the Technical Staff is on the west coast till the end of next week... but I do have plenty of chocolate, at least.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 04:45:25 pm »

Valentines schmalentines. Right now it is time for mega-fun activities involving huge banquets and upside-down signs and the color red.

Though chocolate is good. One can never have too much chocolate.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:17:50 pm »

I have a good friend who is a genius.  He married a girl (Mrs. West's best friend) whose birthday is 2/14.  On 2/14.

Brilliant!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 05:20:50 pm »

no one said it could be done. scientists are still trying to figure it out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 05:47:28 pm »

I have a good friend who is a genius.  He married a girl (Mrs. West's best friend) whose birthday is 2/14.  On 2/14.

Does he get her three cards and/or presents that day, or can he get away with one great big one?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:08:15 pm »

My SO's birthday is on 2/11 so this is always a bit of a challenge. I need to get her two things really close together. Usually she says not to get her anything for Valentine's day because she can't think of anything for me. She's terrible at picking up hints. Frankly I'd be fine with her buying sexy underthings for herself as my present every year.

My parents' anniversary is 2/11, so they usually go out once for both occasions.  Mom wanted to get married on 2/14 but she didn't want to get married on a Thursday, nor did she want to wait three years for it to fall on a weekend. 

We usually either skip v-day altogether, since my birthday is so close, or sometimes we will go together and buy new item for our grownups-only toybox.  If the mood strikes. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 10:37:40 pm »

Valentines is my half-birthday, you know.

Granted, this hasn't mattered since I was 9 and a half but... y'know. Still.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:01:15 am »

My parents' anniversary is 2/11, so they usually go out once for both occasions.  Mom wanted to get married on 2/14 but she didn't want to get married on a Thursday, nor did she want to wait three years for it to fall on a weekend. 

I wanted to get married on 1/30, because my birthday is 5/30 and Mrs. Haus's is on 9/30. Then, every four months there would be something. But 1/30 doesn't fall on a Saturday until 2011. We got married on 1/13 instead.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up