Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!  (Read 3896 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02142008

There is probably a lamp for everything.

This strip is excellent, by the way.

Edited to add: I just noticed on the second read-through that Beef says "becoming on the inside of a dessert restaurant." Genius.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Teodor, always talking.

That fuckin' guy.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Most of the people in my office need that "admit you're wrong" lamp. I, naturally, would have no use for it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I'm always admittin' I'm wrong.  Hell, I'll admit it right now.  I'll admit it to Jesus.

Sorry, J-Dawg.  My bad.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Most of the people in my office need that "admit you're wrong" lamp. I, naturally, would have no use for it.
I hope they're not reading films.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I hope they're not reading films.

Can for actually remembering what I do for a living.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

Scene from History:
Me: Dude, why were you yelling on the phone? I could hear her crying from here.
Main Dogg: I told her the truth that I really only want to see her when I know shes going to not bitch at me.
Me: Ladies like to think you want to see them all the time, not just at the right times.
Main Dogg: Fuck that. Its always a good day if I can make my girlfriend cry.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Have we met, dude?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

Try to type n y u.

oh shiiiiit
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:38:13 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Yeah, not doing enough for a birthday or something... oh man.

Oh man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 07:23:56 am »

I just love how Beef is just rambling anxiously about dessert restaraunts and you see how very anxious he is. Great depiction on Onstad's part.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:26:55 am »

Teodor is a prick.
Logged

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 10:23:37 am »

Teodor is a prick.

Nah. He's just in an odd position - like Ray, he's a dude who's incapable of being part of a steady relationship, and has therefore positioned himself as an unasked-for advisor to a dude who is part of a steady relationship so he can live vicariously through Beef. He's just frustrated at what he's got to work with, is all.

Actually, upon reflection, that is fairly prickish.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 06:37:03 pm »

I love this strip.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 14th February 2008 - YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 06:59:05 pm »

A while back people were looking for good example strips to show newcomers how cood Achewood is.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up