Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Boston Touambers?  (Read 5472 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Boston Touambers?
« on: February 18, 2008, 06:38:23 pm »

I'll be in bean-town the first week of March and was wondering if any of you rock and roll faggots wanted to buy me a pint while I was in town.

Anyone here live in Boston?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:57 pm »

*crickets chirping*
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:39:32 am »

Seriously.  Fuck all y'all.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:59:17 am »

Dude, nobody lives in Boston. 

I don't just mean nobody here.  I mean nobody at all.  I know people who were born there, but they all left to live in places that don't suck. 

Screw you, Boston. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:59:18 am »

Must have got tired of pahkin the cah in hahvahd yahd, or whatever.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 05:46:55 am »

Great, now I need to watch The Departed again.

Depahted
Oiwm Naht a Cohwp
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 06:00:07 am »

my dad's whole family lives in Boston, actually.

And my future roommate is from there. Or, rather, he says he is from Boston, and I told my dad where he lives, and he scoffed. "that isn't Boston. that's the suburbs."

i always wonder what my dad sounded like back when he had a Boston accent. Based on his sister/parents/etc, it was horrific.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 04:53:39 pm »

One of my coworkers is from Watertown*.  He has a classic New Englander accent, but its gotten mellowed by the need to be understood by Westerners.  He still says "bawthroom" though, which is oddly difficult to process when you hear it.  Once again though - he's from there, not living there...


*part of the "Greater Boston area"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 09:17:24 pm »

my dad can't say "drawer." It comes out kind of like "draw."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 10:32:45 pm »

my dad can't say "drawer." It comes out kind of like "draw."

So what's wrong with that?

I lived in the Boston area for a long time, but it was a long time ago now. I wish I had left for someplace that didn't suck, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 10:41:34 pm »

Three of the four people I know who were from Boston, I know because they moved to Virginia. The other one I met in Charlotte, before he went back.

If Jough had posted "North Carolina Touambers?," this thread would rival "Today I'm gonna..." in length.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 05:10:56 am »

Boston's a great place to go if you want to get into a fight for no reason. Is that why you went, Jough?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 03:20:29 am »

Boston's a great place to go if you want to get into a fight for no reason. Is that why you went, Jough?

Did that question even need to be asked?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 03:37:28 am »

Boston is also a great place to go if you are of the opinion that the traffic is terrible or drivers are insane in Southern California or the NYC/NJ areas and you want to be proven horribly wrong. There are cabbies from Calcutta who see the traffic in Boston and just look at you and laugh.

It is like the mind-bendingly bad driving situations of a European city except instead of where Europeans are sensible enough to at least use a lot of motorcycles and scooters and stuff, it is all Large Deadly Cars.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 03:43:15 am »

LFM and I agree on transportation again. I was born in boston and I have been there many times. The traffic is absolutely more horrible than NYC. The city is built on some horrible non-rational non-grid pattern that makes getting form A to B a costly task. Mega Old cities are designed around ancient farm paths and shit that doesn't pan out to today.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up