Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boston Touambers?  (Read 5458 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 03:43:53 am »

what I don't get is that... my uncle, who has lived in Boston his whole life, declared that Charlotte drivers are the worst he has ever seen.

I mean, there is almost no way that this is true. All I can think of is that maybe he thinks everyone should drive the way they drive in Boston?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 03:49:20 am »

Mass. drivers in general also use the [my mind is blanking on the real name] the disabled cars lane as a real lane of traffic. What I mean by old towns is like in NYC Broadway breaks the grid because it used to be a common carriage route through farms and most of downtown is built around historical farming and defensive strategies (There are some streets in downtown manhattan that are barely large enough for One car let alone Two SUVs.)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 04:27:45 am »

I've never seen drivers worse than Rome. It's like the entire car-driving population of that city is playing their own personal game of Grand Theft Auto.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 04:29:11 am »

A-Cap: the shoulder?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:57 am »

Yeah, people in Boston are pretty bad drivers.

I actually liked Boston quite a bit, but I wouldn't want to live there.  Having said that, the North End has the most great Italian restaurants per square foot than any other place I've ever been.  I mean, there's Little Italy in NYC but it's more spread out and all of the restaurants aren't necessarily great.

It's damn near impossible to get good Italian food in Chicago.  I mean, seriously, I have to go to fuck*ng Olive Garden or something to even get approximate (or, of course, make it at home).

You go into an Italian restaurant here and ask them what kind of risotto they have today and I've sometimes been asked "what's risotto?"  Mama mia!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 04:03:06 am »

there are hell of amazing Italian restaurants in STL.

Charlotte has zero historic ethnic populations, sorry Golfhaus.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17:34 pm »

there are hell of amazing Italian restaurants in STL.

Charlotte has zero historic ethnic populations, sorry Golfhaus.

Mrs. Haus says it's better than Lynchburg... they're not too far-removed from the days when restaurants advertised "ethnic food" and made good on it by serving chitlins and grits.

Olive Garden is Italian enough for me. Pizza Hut is pizza enough for me. Chili's is enough of a burger for me. I am not concerned about finding "legitimate" places for me to eat. Good enough for the masses is good enough for me.

Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:15 pm »

Olive Garden is Italian enough for me. Pizza Hut is pizza enough for me. Chili's is enough of a burger for me. I am not concerned about finding "legitimate" places for me to eat. Good enough for the masses is good enough for me.

So I guess you don't enjoy being the only white person around?

I made an assumption about your race to make a joke work. Please don't hate me.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:50:48 pm »

I alternate between loving and hating that site. Because... it's funny. But, at the same time, it makes me feel stupid for liking things, and fuck it for that.

Also, it bugs me when it says things like, say, "White People love having an MFA." Where... wow, no, most white people do not have a master's degree in fine arts. Almost no one has that. I think it would be better called something like "Stuff Well-off, Highly Educated, Liberal, Urban-Dwelling White People Like."
Which, I mean... is very different.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 10:55:27 pm »

So I guess you don't enjoy being the only white person around?

Does my black ass LOOK white to you, cracka?

Disclaimer: I am, in fact, white.

That site looks pretty funny. It warrants further observation.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 12:22:36 am »

I like Boston.

I lived most of my life in the Boston suburbs and would happily move to Boston if the situation permitted it. Philadelphia's okay in the meantime though.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Touambers?
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 02:13:13 am »

Sorry jough, the only Boston I know is the cream pie, and the terrible band.

Ah, yes, and that white people website, some WASP I knew from NY sent me to the theatre link.  I guess it was funny for him, but to me they're wrong about theatre, or at least the theatre I make and participate in.

Ad copy for the model call for the photo shoot to promo my big show for next season:

Quote
native male needed for photo shoot

We are looking for someone who can pose in a photo shoot for us. This is for our season brochure's promotional photos. We're looking for someone who could pass as Native, slight build. This person will be posing as a male prostitute. No pay, unfortunately. But crediting in our season brochure and pizza on the day.

This is for Mar 31st from 12-6 in Toronto.

If you think you fit the bill, send me your pic to...



So basically, they want someone to pose as a prostitute, but not for $.  They're looking for a slut then.  And I'm fine with that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up