Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"  (Read 2752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:00:45 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02192008

I kept expecting the old-timey gentlemen were about to try and sell me Guinness.

I do like the idea that dog never washes off, though. I'm a fan of this.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:36 am »

The title of this thread gave me great pause and the strip certainly delivered. Great handfuls of dogs!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:04:52 pm »

I'm not a fan of old-timey picture comics. Now if they'd used Roombas, then we'd be talking.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:03:03 pm »

Mr Brunel is Nice Pete's counterpart in subverted homoeroticism from Old Tymes.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:42:40 pm »

I fuck*ng love this strip. Just the idea of Ray saying "Hell of impractical, Mr. Field" in an old-timey, 19th century voice made me laugh pretty good.

Nice job, 'Stad.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »

MR. BRUNEL:  HE GETS THINGS DONE.

Wish my middle name was Kingdom.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 07:25:15 pm »

Onstad is sadly familiar with what is attractive to canines.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 11:18:31 pm »

Man doesn't like dogs very much.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 12:03:55 am »

Maybe he's just observant.  The only thing my dog likes more than puke is scoring the piquant tidbits the neighborhood cats leave in my flowerbeds.  Its our fault for loving a scavenger species so much.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:10:13 am »

i find that... my dog smells better than any other dog, as well as not having that nasty oily Dog texture that stays on your hands. Because we give him a bath every month or two? People constantly tell us he "smells like a puppy." Do people not bathe their dogs?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hambone

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: February 19th, 2008 - "I shall gather the buckets of vomit"
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 12:28:46 am »

Man doesn't like dogs very much.
Man owns at least one dog. 

In case you are wondering what is up, here is a reference. 
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up