Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)  (Read 2543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« on: February 19, 2008, 05:19:31 pm »

The purchase page for the just-announced Volume 8 collection answers several questions I had:

Quote
Volume VIII spans from December 23, 2005 to September 19, 2006.... Does not contain the Great Outdoor Fight arc, which will be published separately by Dark hoss Comics in September 2008.

Clearly (and I'm guessing for reasons of personal income), Onstad got sick of waiting.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:08:34 pm by HudsonVC »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. VIII (Achewood Vol. VII.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

I wonder if the GOF will be a TP and if it will include the blogs.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. VIII (Achewood Vol. VII.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:29:01 pm »

Emergency Party At My Place = Great Title
Logged

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 04:09:47 pm »

Official press release:


Quote
F O R   I M M E D I A T E   R E L E A S E
February 21, 2008

Chris Onstad (Achewood) and Dark hoss Comics will publish a 96-page hardcover edition of THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT, Achewood's most critically acclaimed work to date. The book is expected to hit stores internationally in September 2008, with pre-orders on Amazon.com beginning in April 2008. The book will contain approximately 25% new material, including new scenes and large amounts of historical context.

Dark hoss Comics publishes such well-known titles as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Wars, The Perry Bible Fellowship, Sock Monkey, Sin City, Hellboy, and hundreds of others. Dark hoss was founded in 1986 and stands out in its field as both a producer of world-class books and a champion of creators' rights.

THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT, $14.95 (USD), DARK hoss COMICS
For retail inquiries, please contact Diamond Book Distributors.

###
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:14:07 pm »

One thing I do when something like this is coming out waaaaay down the road... is I make sure to pre-order it through a small local shop so that I feel like I am supporting the little guy in two ways.

I have done this a coupla times for Mr. Death Ray's deep fried books... as well. Of course, it is a slightly different deal when you are talking about Dark hoss which is a semi-major press but... still... I like to try and support the hole-in-the-wall shops when I can.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:32:08 pm »

Word. I always feel a little guilty ordering something online that I could order through my local shop. But I'm lazy, and it's a ten minute drive, and it's faster through amazon or whatever. I do actually make an effort to go through the shop, though, since the fact that we even have one in our area is pretty sweet.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:25:45 pm »

I got my copy today. It actually has the same dedication that Volume VII did, but the drawing is of Beef and ray as babies wearing diapers. Ray has a bottle.

For the curious, it jumps from Tuesday, Jan 10 2006 Helicopter Head Chop Off straight to Monday, Apr 3 The brave little Dutch boy / Lie Bot. So apparently the ChatSack strips are considered part of the GOF arc. There's no mention of the missing strips in the book itself, not even to pimp the GOF book.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:40:01 pm »

I think I forgot to order one!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 11:04:35 pm »

Apparently I remembered to order one at some point. Personalized, even.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 11:30:27 pm »

Definitely beats the sort of forgetting where you accidentally end up with two of them, too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:42 pm »

"hush-hush knucklehead of the old order" - I like that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 12:24:39 am »

It's quite lovely, but also, I realized a little creepy. Because since we know he doesn't read the messageboard, he must be reading my mind instead.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 05:15:41 am »

How much stuff have you bought from Achewood over the years?  He might recognise your name.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood, Vol. 8 (Achewood Vol. 7.5 to come out in September)
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 11:57:06 am »

Well, actually we had a rather extended correspondence at one point back in small times about the cookbook, so I guess it is more likely than not that my name recalls to mind "that weird borderline-stalker person who sent all the photographs of the food." But I'm sticking to my original story.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up