Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."  (Read 4190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:04:24 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212008

List of Mafia members' names/titles, in order of plausibility from most to least:

Freddy Guns
(tie) Johnny Phone Calls, Mikey Car Rides
President of the Mafia
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:04:57 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212008

There's so much to like about this strip. I guess that's why I like it so much!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 07:06:30 am »

Ack, 33 seconds slow. Please delete.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:38:21 am »

I drink this stuff every day, and I'm as nice as I've ever been!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:42:30 am »

So does red cordial equate to red wine in Phillipe's world?

Also it's an 'adventure-lesson' because everything should be educational.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:38 am »

The very nature of being a child is interpreting cliche divested of context, huh?

Interesting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:24:36 am »

Not appearing in this strip:

Nicky Baseball Bats
Tommy Sets Fires
Teddy Drives Cars
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 09:55:18 am »

I am going to refrain from meaningful comment and just enjoy my great big smile.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 01:47:07 pm »

Phillipe is a serious hero for serious times.

Also: I think we should all have gangster names.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 02:19:41 pm »

The President of the Mafia should also quit smoking. It is very bad for him.

I can't think of a good gangster name for myself. I'd probably end up with something crappy like Joey Post Count or Tony the Gut
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 02:27:37 pm »

Joey Post Count

But this is a fantastic mafia name!

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 02:41:46 pm »

I know people who get very nice when they take Ecstasy - but they always end up drinking lots of water too so I might have the causation wrong.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 05:20:57 pm »

Wait, did the kid break Johnny Phone Call's hand, or his phone?
Either way, that man has some problems.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:16 pm »

Wait, did the kid break Johnny Phone Call's hand, or his phone?
Either way, that man has some problems.

Pronoun trouble.

Well, after the kid kicks his phone out of his hand, Johnny Phone Calls is described as "holding his phone hand," so it can reasonably be assumed that his attention is focused on his hand, not the phone.
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 12:43:29 am »

It sounds more like how someone would write a person trying to talk with a busted nose...I guess this is all part of the "cliches filtered through Phillipe's naivete" bit. I approve of course.

Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up