Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."  (Read 4173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 02:56:57 am »

Not much to say other than I enjoyed that very much, and Phillipe >>>>>> Mussolini, Mori and all the other guys who have attempted to end the Cosa Nostra.

All you need is Phillipe style harsh-but-fair motherly love, surely the one thing all Italian* men can understand. It's so obvious.


*fuck*ng hell, I think calling the Mafia Italian is a bit insulting actually, seeing as it's a Sicilian organisation. It's like if one of you chaps called Glasgow Rangers an English club I'd be foaming at the mouth, so in short don't ice me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:08:38 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 03:20:26 am »

The Italian part of my family is Tuscan and... if you went to the village where my grandpa was born and asked someone if they were Sicilian, they would punch you in the mouth. Northern Italian find Romans annoying and flat-out hate Sicilians for... some reason.

I dunno why, of course, but it is worth noting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 04:49:05 am »

Sicilians are considered uncouth and uncivilized. Barbaric and uneducated. Provincial. Regionalism is universal, depressingly enough.

I mean, the Mafia is Sicilian the same way fried chicken is American. IE, it is, but that is not the most specific word to use.

That is my understanding, at least.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 06:36:03 am »

See, all I know is that I have known some very hot ladies of Sicilian extraction and that's all that matters to me.

If your ethnicity has some hot ladies in it, you are fine with me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 02:59:58 pm »

Sicilians are considered uncouth and uncivilized. Barbaric and uneducated. Provincial. Regionalism is universal, depressingly enough.

Europeans have had to live right next to each other for thousands of years. Of course they're going to hate the hell out of their neighbors, usually for really stupid, petty reasons like which side of a river they grew up on.

Americans, on the other hand, hate each other for perfectly sensible reasons: the color of their skin, how much money they have, etc.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 03:07:46 pm »

Europeans have had to live right next to each other for thousands of years. Of course they're going to hate the hell out of their neighbors, usually for really stupid, petty reasons like which side of a river they grew up on.

Americans, on the other hand, hate each other for perfectly sensible reasons: the color of their skin, how much money they have, etc.
Thanks for adding that lens to my view of european history. Other lenses: Everyone was drunk. They had to drink alcoholic beverages because the water was bad.

I think Americans hate each other because you were either here, and "the new guy" moved in or you're "the new guy" and everyone is suspicious of you. Theres few places in america where, like europe, long standing communities can grow to hate other long standing communities.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 03:08:14 pm »

Don't for get how lazy they are when they're stealing our jobs!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 03:13:55 pm »

Everyone hates their neighbors, whether it's the country next door that's just slightly different or the guy next door who's just slightly different. I mean, if you're in Italy, what's the point of hating people in Greenland? You're not going to get much entertainment out of hating people you never see.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 03:26:04 pm »

Everyone hates their neighbors, whether it's the country next door that's just slightly different or the guy next door who's just slightly different. I mean, if you're in Italy, what's the point of hating people in Greenland? You're not going to get much entertainment out of hating people you never see.

But it can make your vacation that much more special.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 05:30:28 pm »

Maybe the real purpose of America is to give the world someone in common to hate, so they can ease off on slaughtering their neighbors.  What with TV and movies and Britney Spears, they probably see us more than they see each other now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 01:04:58 pm »

Everyone always talks about how the Middle East is such a nightmare and how it's been at war since the beginning of time.

This isn't true.  The Middle East has had centuries long periods of peace over the past two thousand years.  There's only one region of the world that has been almost continuously at war with itself since before Rome.  Europe.  Don't forget it.

If 14th century France and Germany were around right now, you'd see Africa style public service ads about them.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 04:36:26 pm »

Just about every conflict in the Middle East right now, by the by, is directly or indirectly fueled by some kind of European/North-American intervention over there, let us not forget.

Oil grabs by America, arbitrary border alignments by European powers that shoved ethnic and religious groups into the same "country", old Cold War "enemy of my enemy" bullshit... if not for the actions of those outside powers, most of the Middle Eastern countries would be kinda keeping to themselves, focusing on oppressing their own people with strange mumbo-jumbo not anyone else's.

I'm... I'm just sayin' here.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: February 21, 2008 - "I get VERY nice on this stuff."
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 05:02:35 pm »

What, you mean people just want to be left the fuck alone? Imagine that.
And apparently the middle east was the only peaceful place in the world for all of history. All of those ancient rivalries and wars fought for hundreds of years were actually masterminded by europeans and jews.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up